I'm getting numb.

Frank Fusco

My wife is addicted to the talent shows like American Idol and Grease. I just had to walk away from tonight's Grease. Even with the pretty dancing girls, enuf is enuf. Real brain wasting stuff. Oh, well. Back to the recliner. Maybe I'll take up drinking the hard stuff. If I don't return......look for me at the wall....:bang:

Ok.:rofl:

Maybe tod will check on you if you don't show up in a couple of days.:thumb:

During the show she asked me about something that had just happened. I didn't have a clue. Now, she's convinced I'm completely senile. The brain went mushy, no doubt. Shop is still a bit cold for enjoyable working. Things are warming up though.

I'm often asked how I get a lot of stuff done, sure, I don't sleep nearly as much as when I was younger, but the biggest thing is I do not waste my life, sitting in front of a TV.

I rented a movie the other night, one I've been wanting to see for some time, Frank Miller's Sin City :eek:

I used to love to read his illustrated novels, the movie was amazing, brutal and hard to watch sometimes, but it was amazing, it was like a Frank Miller novel coming to life....... I gladly spent the time watching that one......... in the Dungeon, smoking a nice fat cigar and reorganizing my tools drawers :D :thumb:

Cheers!

You don't have time since you are on the forums all the time now.:rofl:

Not quite........

I usually sit in the L shop from about 8 PM to 11 PM or later by myself, running the till. I cannot go anywhere and leave the shop, so I spend my time surfing the net. Some nights, like tonight, I got a lot of uninterrupted time, as it was raining hard, not much business.

Cheers!

I rented a movie the other night, one I've been wanting to see for some time, Frank Miller's Sin City :eek:
Way better than I expected from the previews.

I'm looking forward to '300'...even though Jessica Alba isn't in that one.:D

(Something a bit different, but you might like it: "The Hunted". No, not the Tommy Lee Jones/Benicio Del Toro one, the one from 1995 with Christopher Lambert, Joan Chen, and John Lone. You'll probably recognize some of the locations. :p )

If I have to watch one more of the previously mentioned shows, I am throwing the TV out the second floor window and into the pool. She can watch that crap out there. Programming is consistently going down hill and I try to watch news (more crap but relevant crap in theory) woodworking, motorcycles, hot rods and car auctions. The rest is drivel and should be jamming so that they do not turn ours and our children's minds into useless mush.

You think you're numb? Try having one of your students be a contestant on that very show. Now imagine having some untoward pictures of the young lady surface on the net, so that you wake up one day and her name is the #1 search term on google. I've never watched the show, but believe me, in the past two weeks I've learned more about it than I've ever cared to know... ;) I have more details, but there's no way I can publish them on a website google can find... and if no-one uses her name in this thread, no-one will ever know I even said this! ;)

Just for my own sanity, I'm hoping she gets voted off soon...

Thanks,

Bill

You think you're numb? Try having one of your students be a contestant on that very show. Now imagine having some untoward pictures of the young lady surface on the net, so that you wake up one day and her name is the #1 search term on google. I've never watched the show, but believe me, in the past two weeks I've learned more about it than I've ever cared to know... ;) I have more details, but there's no way I can publish them on a website google can find... and if no-one uses her name in this thread, no-one will ever know I even said this! ;)

Just for my own sanity, I'm hoping she gets voted off soon...

Thanks,

Bill

I think she got voted off last night. She is very pretty but couldn't sing any better than many-many other wannabes.

Hi Lee, I actually saw the Hunted in Tokyo, in a theater, with some friends, one of whom is a Iadoh master (Japanese swordsmanship) and while it was a neat movie, there were all kinds of "laugh" points that we had, that I'm sure Hollywood never intended. Plus, why does Hollywood often choose some Chinese guy to be a Japanese Ninja :rofl:

Not a bad movie, but living here, gave us a very different perspective.

Cheers!

Hi Lee, I actually saw the Hunted in Tokyo, in a theater, with some friends, one of whom is a Iadoh master (Japanese swordsmanship) and while it was a neat movie, there were all kinds of "laugh" points that we had, that I'm sure Hollywood never intended. Plus, why does Hollywood often choose some Chinese guy to be a Japanese Ninja :rofl:
Well, yeah, but all the good guys were played by Japanese. :thumb: