For the Farmers out there...

Jim DeLaney

Staff member
While at Pleasant Hill, I saw this sign in the barnyard. It sure made good sense to me! Do any other states have this policy? If not, they sure need it!

Attachments

• DSC01689 [800x600].jpg
    DSC01689 [800x600].jpg
    117 KB · Views: 88
Indiana has the same type of law. Usually says equine on it as that is the largest purchaser of signs for activities.
Inherent risk, getting stepped on, thrown from your own horse, your own gear breaking causing injury. Negligence, a large nail sticking out of a gate entrance and ripping the guts out of your horse.

Indiana has the same type of law. Usually says equine on it as that is the largest purchaser of signs for activities.
Inherent risk, getting stepped on, thrown from your own horse, your own gear breaking causing injury. Negligence, a large nail sticking out of a gate entrance and ripping the guts out of your horse.

Thank you--makes perfect sense.

... Kinda reminds me of this sign who would think otherwise?

View attachment 61033
A large percentage of parents these days have the attitude that their responsibility for their children stopped after the fun that made them. A local teacher I know "retired" a couple of years ago after being reprimanded for standing his ground with a student who was creating a problem in class. Mommie and Daddy didn't like the idea of the teacher telling their little boy (age 15) to straighten up!!! :dunno:

We are a regulation and litigation driven society. Shame when you have to be told a cup of hot coffee is hot.

I carry a quarter million dollar policy on my exotic animal. Must of you know him as Teke the donkey.

What part? The exotic animal is my donkey. If he had been a cow, goat or horse, he would be a normal farm animal and not really thought of as a pet (so to speak). But because he is donkey, he is exotic, because most people don't have them, thus, dangerous? So, seeing how the farm insurance company looks at him as exotic and some dumb person could go out and look at his backside and get kicked, I have to carry insurance for just this purpose.

What part? The exotic animal is my donkey. If he had been a cow, goat or horse, he would be a normal farm animal and not really thought of as a pet (so to speak). But because he is donkey, he is exotic, because most people don't have them, thus, dangerous? So, seeing how the farm insurance company looks at him as exotic and some dumb person could go out and look at his backside and get kicked, I have to carry insurance for just this purpose.

There are probably more donkeys in the world than cows.
I don't see how a donkey could be considered "exotic". Your insurance company is off base.
And, this from someone who nearly died from a 'donkey accident'. I did the stupid thing. Nothing exotic about it. Yeppers, nearly died. Fourteen years and four days ago.