Going Bradley

Rennie Heuer

Staff member
It's kind of like going postal, but in a good way. :rofl:

I got tired of walking in saw dust, going around the long way to avoid tools moved out of their storage places, and being unable to find a half dozen or more tools. So, I spent a half day cleaning and putting things away. No real organizing, just getting the place in shape so I could work in it.

Thanks Glenn.:thumb:

I had a brief Bradley moment myself yesterday. I got the long air nozzle and blew a bunch of dust out of my shop in preparation for company. :D

Hey Rennie; if you are "going Bradley" anyway, why don't you come on down and do a job on my shop?

Congratulations! But you know what will happen for a month? You cannot find a tool you were using 15 minutes ago. You look all over the place---you move things, you open drawers---you open boxes, you wonder if you could have taken it out to the car or carried it into the house when you went in for dinner. Then you give up and use a different tool to solve your problem a different way.

THEN you find the tool. You put the danged thing away where it belongs. You didn't even think to look there.

Enjoy,

JimB

Glenn you could not ask for more.:):thumb:

To have your surname turned into a a descriptor for an entire method of organizing and keeping ones shop clean is quiet the achievement in my view and means you will be remembered by all of us forever.

Think about it you now up there with the some of the greatest brands

Kleenex = Tissues

Coke = A cold fizzy drink or pop or soda

Going Bradley = A clean and organized dust free workshop.:thumb::thumb:

:congrats::score:

Oh and Dad has to be proud of you for that.:D:rofl:

I'm fully into Bradley mood since about a year or so, it allows me to start working inmediately as soon as I arrive home from job. I use a tool and I put it back to its place. I finish working around 20:30 and leave my shop clean and tidy ready for the next day.

The only tools that I don`t put away after using are my gouges if I'm carving, but I do clean the chips away and organize them in my bench. It takes discipline but once you get used to it, it is great!.

Glenn you could not ask for more.:):thumb:

To have your surname turned into a a descriptor for an entire method of organizing and keeping ones shop clean is quiet the achievement in my view and means you will be remembered by all of us forever.

Think about it you now up there with the some of the greatest brands

Kleenex = Tissues

Coke = A cold fizzy drink or pop or soda

Going Bradley = A clean and organized dust free workshop.:thumb::thumb:

:congrats::score:

Oh and Dad has to be proud of you for that.:D:rofl:

Well now I'm not so sure about going Bradley... My Dad once up on a time had a Bradley...a... David Bradley Rototiller it could churn up quite a mess.:eek::wave::rofl::D:thumb: