Here's another marquetry panel I'm doing in preparation for my class in November. On this one, I did the drawing myself, based on a picture of a water lily flower I found on the web. There's several problems with this piece: the lily pads should show more depth, which I could have done by darkening the pads in the background, I should have used a darker green veneer for the pads, and I should have put a black strip between the yellow banding and the maple border, but I thought the flower and it's reflection came out well. But it's a learning process.
The picture's not the best, either. The flash kind of blasted the panel.
The background is dyed black veneer, the pads are dyed green veneer, the flower petals are holly, the center of the flower is dyed yellow veneer, the reflection is dyed gray veneer, and the border is figured maple. The back is done in two pieces of bookmarked figured maple.