a wonderful day

Bill Simpson

sunday was most wonderful. the lord blessed us with a perfect fall day, and me with wonderfully loyal friends.. 6 of my friends came over and painted the trim and windows of my home. my son mentioned at our fishing club meeting that i was worried about the needing paint, and they cooked up the idea. :thumb:

one special friend has been coming by when not working or fishing, and painting my fence.

i have been blessed :thumb:

Sometimes the stars do all align. I though think it is probably more of you reaping what you have sown through the years. So glad to hear of a club being this active towards its members. Good for them and good for you!!:thumb::thumb::thumb:

sunday was most wonderful. the lord blessed us with a perfect fall day, and me with wonderfully loyal friends.. 6 of my friends came over and painted the trim and windows of my home. my son mentioned at our fishing club meeting that i was worried about the needing paint, and they cooked up the idea. :thumb:

one special friend has been coming by when not working or fishing, and painting my fence.

:thumb::thumb:
That's what makes for a good life , friends helping friends.

That is great. Life can be wonderful if you have friends like those.

I cherish my friends and I have made good friends on this forum too. They have provided me with knowledge, material and physical help and a lot of laughs as well. So thanks y'all.

Sounds like a great bunch of folks, Bill. You are truly blessed! :thumb:

Of the places I've lived, we are where we need to be now. Great neighbors and good friends all around. :)

Im thrilled to see you posting bill.

bill, it shouldnt be a suprise to you. People who are sincere and giving their entire lives usually get treated the same way.
You need some help, your good friends stepped up and showed what they are made of.
Im very happy for you.

That is great Bill!

In my experience, friends like that are earned! :thumb:

I have no doubt in my mind that you have worked hard earning them, I'm happy to hear your investment is paying off! :clap:

Congratulations on the upkeep... it's sure a good feeling to know you have friends that care about you enough to do things for you, just because.

I could use some of that kind of friendship myself... I need to tear the soffets and facia boards off the back porch and replace them... I keep putting it off because I'm not excited about climbing up on the ladder (or buying the ladder to climb up on... I don't have one quite tall enough)... plus I know that are at least 2 maybe 3 or 4 wasp nests up inside that soffet... my stepson said he would help me, but his wood working skills are about 2 degrees below nil... he's willing but he's a big boy and not excited about climbing the ladder either... most likely he'll hand me boards, but I'll be on the ladder. I have three more shows to do, then I'll have to do that this fall...

Congratulations on the upkeep... it's sure a good feeling to know you have friends that care about you enough to do things for you, just because.

I could use some of that kind of friendship myself... I need to tear the soffets and facia boards off the back porch and replace them... I keep putting it off because I'm not excited about climbing up on the ladder (or buying the ladder to climb up on... I don't have one quite tall enough)... plus I know that are at least 2 maybe 3 or 4 wasp nests up inside that soffet... my stepson said he would help me, but his wood working skills are about 2 degrees below nil... he's willing but he's a big boy and not excited about climbing the ladder either... most likely he'll hand me boards, but I'll be on the ladder. I have three more shows to do, then I'll have to do that this fall...

Chuck, buy or rent some scaffolding, makes those kinds of jobs MUCH easier and safer!

good for you bill:):thumb: and to the fishun club.. one thing about it. the farther south you go the better chance of finding folks like that..alot of the city dwellers dont help out the neighbors just live solitary lives within there fences.. but there are exceptions, as mohammad has shown us..maybe its the blond hair that helps:)