CubeStormer

You're right, Darren, those sure aren't the Legos we had as kids. (Actually, I was more of a Lincoln Log and Erector Set kid myself.) Very cool robots in those videos, though.

The only way I was ever able to solve one was to take it apart and put it back together in the right order. When my niece was in about 6th or 7th grade, she learned the patterns and solutions from a book, and she could solve one while watching TV. She'd look at the cube, then start turning while looking up at the TV. Every once in a while she'd glance down to see what the next step was, but 95% of the time she wasn't even looking at the cube.

Wow....unreal thanks Darren and Bill....i enjoyed those. Heck where were these kids when i was growing up:huh:

I was more of a Mecanno guy. Lego was way more expensive and still just blocks back then.

What a great commercial for a Robotics group.:thumb::thumb: Kinda get the feeling they can solve any problem that is suited to automation.

I think one key to solving the cube is don't over-think it. Just let your brain do the work without analyzing the thing to death. :huh: I could solve one in a reasonable time frame but nothing like some people could. After a while, it became a been-there-done-that item. :eek: