Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Friday 10-21 Edition

Friday 10-21 Edition

Ok seeing as it looks like I am stuck doing this What's going in your your neighborhood?

Myself, shop time today, been here a couple hours already this morning. Tomorrow, more shop time filled in with a couple party's in the afternoon. Sunday, the usual.
    If you don't take pride in your work, life get's pretty boring.

Rule of thumb is if you don’t know what tool to buy next, then you probably don’t need it yet.

Got some friends coming over for supper and a small tour tomorrow (pics to follow) it will start at 5:00am (for me) on the weber for a 12 hour smoke Sunday helping another friend with a small desk build

Taking off early today and meeting a friend out at the range to do some plinking. Tonight I have another section of wall to tear apart in the shop, will be sealing up the bases and any other mouse entrances and start running wire for new outlets.

Sunday need to clean out the fire place insert and sweep the flue, also need to sweep the flue on the shop stove and put some wire in the cap to keep the birds out.

Need to hit craigs list and find some firewood to have delivered, so guess I need to build a rack for that too.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Friday: Continuing my credenza build. Gotta mill more mahogany and start putting some subassemblies together.

Saturday: Probably a few hours in the shop while LOML performs her version of 'shop' work!

Sunday: The usual - brunch in bed, settle in for the race, ribeyes on the grill for dinner.
    Bill Arnold
    Citizen of Texas residing in Georgia.
    NRA Life Member and Member of Mensa
    My Weather Underground station

Got to take my granddaughter to ballet lessons again tonight
    Actually it's kind of fun. I get to sit with all the young Moms who think I'm so great to bring my granddaughter. If I knew I'd be so popular with the ladies I would of had grandkids when I was in my 30's

Saturday is mostly shop time. I'm trying to locate one of those cardboard drums (for free) so I can build a separator on my DC unit.

Sunday is church, dinner and raking leaves and maybe some shop time.
    Faith, Hope & Charity

Tonight hopefully picking up a used TS off craigslist then dinner with SIL and BIL...tomorrow my brother and his family will be in town...haven't seen them since Thanksgiving so that will be nice. Sunday will have some shop time, hopefully getting the new to me TS set up.
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

Final coats of varnish going on to the end tables. Boise Philharmonic tonight, "Tool Time" themed groom party tomorrow, church and the Boise Fall home Show on Sunday. Busy, busy, busy.
    Host of the 2017 Family Woodworking Gathering - Sunken Wood

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk
    www.wrworkshop.com

got some family coming in and will do some tree work in and around the meal times.. got some good BBQ on sat evening..and the weather sounds like its gonna be perfect for tree work and eating
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

as weird as this sounds, tonight is the first time Im going out to eat at a restaurant since end of aug beginning of sept(dont remember last time)
    Ive been under the weather(what else is new), but my niece is celebrating her birthday, and I can go enjoy a dinner with the family.
    good news, Ive dropped over 35 lbs, and walk a mile each morning.When I hit 50 lbs lost, Im going to post a picture of just a fat ugly old man, not a really fat ugly old man.
    Gonna finish off the dust lines tomorrow, and get to work inside my house.
    Human Test Dummy

Congrats on the diet Allen

Does that mean that the corned beef is not on the menu when I get down there again
    Faith, Hope & Charity