Thread: Just a safety note

Just a safety note

The guy I work with has a 2 year old grand kid that hangs around with him when he works on the house. He is in the habit of unplugging his tools when not in use so the boy doesn't get him self into trouble.
    Well the other day he got a new lesson. He was using the table saw. Shut it off to make an adjustment. While making the adjustment the 2 year old come wondering over. He looked down and said hi to him and looked back up at what he was doing with the tape out on the fence, fence unlocked and zing the saw come on.
    Luckily no blood was spilled or tools broken. But a new pair of shorts where in order.
    It took all of a second for the boy to reach up and turn the saw on. So I guess the lesson here is toddlers and tools don't mix not even a little bit.
    It could be worse You could be on fire.
    Stupid hurts.

My rule with kids is: don't blink. Don't take yer eyes of them for a second.
    Those are 'whew' stories. Glad they weren't worse. How bad is the girl hurt?
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

Good lesson Chuck

I put one of the HF driveway alarms on my basement stairs. My granddaughter likes to sneak up on me Now it alerts me to anyone coming down the stairs so I can turn off and unplug any tool I have on.
    Faith, Hope & Charity

I am guessing she is alright now. I know that she had several trips to Boston for surgery. It broke her hand and fingers up pretty bad. But that is what one would you expect a 3.5" piece of steel pipe filled with concrete falling onto a concrete floor with a hand between them would do.
    It could be worse You could be on fire.
    Stupid hurts.