what a welcome

Ned Bulken

I got home tonight from a 5 day stint up near Morgantown WV for work. I trundled up the stairs to see the LOML and my son, and was greeted by him poking me in the stomach saying 'wow!'.

I evidently looked puzzled because Lori said 'you're losing lots of weight'... I sure don't feel like I am (other than the majority of my clothes not fitting well anymore... I got several new shirts for my birthday, which were purchased so I could comfortably wear a tie all day... I 'was' a size 22 neck... now those are loose!)

I'm not 'doing' anything other than working, which is somewhat like performance art for 8 hrs a day. I do at Least 5 poses and 3 background/lighting changes per sitting, PLUS reset them all to the 'base' each time I'm done... so a fair amount of walking, stretching and moving each day, more if I've got a family in the studio.
If I have to set up or tear down that involves 2 hrs of moving in or out the mountain of equipment... 3 light cases, the camera, tripod 5 light stands/background stands 3 stools, one arm poser, one utility table, the laptop, two sets of nesting posing boxes, 3 8' backgrounds, 2 small chairs, a baby posing device (rarely used, but still carried, a duffel bag full of another background plus 3 sets of table/arm poser covers (black, blue and white) a box with assorted wiring and other equipment and one storage tub which catches all of the assorted stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else and a luggage cart to move all but the lumpy bits in and out of the churches.

Now that I type all of that out, I'm not surprised if I'm losing weight :D

Great to hear Ned, really great!

I bet a lot of it is also not sitting in your car/van driving so much, I bet you snack, drink soda etc while driving, most of us do, lots of empty calories there.

Keep it up! :thumb: