Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what a welcome

Lakeport NY and/or the nearest hotel

what a welcome

I got home tonight from a 5 day stint up near Morgantown WV for work. I trundled up the stairs to see the LOML and my son, and was greeted by him poking me in the stomach saying 'wow!'.

I evidently looked puzzled because Lori said 'you're losing lots of weight'... I sure don't feel like I am (other than the majority of my clothes not fitting well anymore... I got several new shirts for my birthday, which were purchased so I could comfortably wear a tie all day... I 'was' a size 22 neck... now those are loose!)

I'm not 'doing' anything other than working, which is somewhat like performance art for 8 hrs a day. I do at Least 5 poses and 3 background/lighting changes per sitting, PLUS reset them all to the 'base' each time I'm done... so a fair amount of walking, stretching and moving each day, more if I've got a family in the studio.
    If I have to set up or tear down that involves 2 hrs of moving in or out the mountain of equipment... 3 light cases, the camera, tripod 5 light stands/background stands 3 stools, one arm poser, one utility table, the laptop, two sets of nesting posing boxes, 3 8' backgrounds, 2 small chairs, a baby posing device (rarely used, but still carried, a duffel bag full of another background plus 3 sets of table/arm poser covers (black, blue and white) a box with assorted wiring and other equipment and one storage tub which catches all of the assorted stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else and a luggage cart to move all but the lumpy bits in and out of the churches.

Now that I type all of that out, I'm not surprised if I'm losing weight

Tokyo Japan
    Great to hear Ned, really great!

I bet a lot of it is also not sitting in your car/van driving so much, I bet you snack, drink soda etc while driving, most of us do, lots of empty calories there.

Keep it up!
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Oceanside, So. Calif. 5 mi. to the ocean
    WONDERFUL, keep it up man. You will live longer, feel better and enjoy life a lot more.

I am very happy for you!!!

First of all you have to be smarter than the machine.

Thomasville, GA
    Congratulations, Ned! Keep up the good work!
    Bill Arnold
    Citizen of Texas residing in Georgia.
    NRA Life Member
    Member of Mensa
    Live every day like it's your last, but don't forget to stop and smell the roses.

Amherst, New Hampshire
    Great news Ned. Keep it up
    Faith, Hope & Charity

Keep it up Ned......way to go!
    Anybody can become a woodworker, but only a Craftsmen can hide his mistakes!

The Bible tells us to love our neighbors, and also to love our enemies; probably because they are generally the same people.

Mountain Home, Arkansas
    Good. Keep it up, not just for you but for your family and friends.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

Reno NV
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

Los Angeles, CA
    Excellent news, Ned.
    Chinese Proverb: Man who eats many prunes gets good run for the money.

Kansas City, Missouri
    That's good news Ned. Amazing how a lifestyle change can affect you and you don't even notice. Being happier at what you do also helps.

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault