New Kid on the block

Hi everybody..... :wave:

Just signed up yesterday and just want to introduce myself and say hi.

My primary interest and tool activities is handsaws. I sharpen and recondition all kinds of handsaws and backsaws. I like all kinds of tools, but handsaws has become my thing in recent years. I'm retired and do this work as a hobby but do charge for my services.

I'll try to post a picture of my most recent backsaw remodel... Here I have remodeled a 1950,s Disston No.4 to make it resemble an older style No.4.
IMG_2726.JPG

IMG_2718.JPG

Thanks for looking,
Marv

Welcome Marv! Seems like we are going to be seeing some pretty neat stuff. I just don't understand where the cords for your saws are. Do you have a battery compartment built in the handles?

Bill,

Marv, I have always liked your ACME vise ever since I first saw it over at WoodNet. Someday, I hope to stumble across one myself. Welcome.

I don't remember seeing you over there. Do you use a different user name?:)

bsatko, but I just lurk, about once a day. I hardly have time to post here, let alone everywhere I browse around. I have some good friends here that I like to stay in touch with.:)

It would be handy to have a saw expert around here. Mike Wenzloff helped start this forum, but he has been way to busy to really participate in any forum now days.

You sure brought back memories. I had saws like those two, or so close to it that it does not matter. Unfortunately I gave them away. That was back when I did wood work if I needed to make something---definitely not for fun. Now I just have a Brand-X back saw an power tools.

Thanks for the pics. I have never seen a vise like that. It is awesome.

Enjoy,

JimB