Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Friday 10/28 Edition

Friday 10/28 Edition

Well the last Friday of October is upon us and November is knocking on the door.
    So, what's going on in your neighborhood?

Myself, shop time today, Saturday will bring more shop time I hope. Sunday will be the usual. Thinking we may do a small party Saturday evening.
    If you don't take pride in your work, life get's pretty boring.

Rule of thumb is if you donít know what tool to buy next, then you probably donít need it yet.

I am not heading out to hunt in Va this weekend and plan on sitting at the easel and painting all weekend.
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::
    colonialrestorationstudio.com

Painting the kitchen walls tonight...then painting the cabinets tomorrow. This is the last time I'll paint them (2nd time)...takes to long to take all the hardware off, prep, prime, paint, paint again...

I also have plans to get my wifes car into the garage for the 2nd time ever in the past 7yrs...I've been purging lots of junk in the garage trying to make room. Makes the shop area seem bigger too!
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

Mostly yardwork this weekend, if the weather holds. Got a lot of hostas and day lilies to prune off for the winter, and the leaves from about 25 oak and maple to rake/blow. We had a hard frost/light freeze (30įF) last night, so the leaves will be falling even faster now.

Just got back from a four day trip to Lancaster, PA and Gettysburg. Had a nice time, and the weather held until yesterday. The drive back was a bit wet, but the rest of the trip was great.

While in Lancaster, we had dinner with Bill Grumbine and his wife Lisa. Great people - and the food was good, too.

Bill may be coming this way over the coming weekend, too. His daughter lives about 50 miles from here, and she's due to give Bill & Lisa another grandchild about now, so they'll be coming up. When they do, Bill & I hope to get together for a bit of shooting, etc. Looking forward to that!
    Jim D.
    Adapt, Improvise, Overcome!

Covering the pool and cleaning the garage....Yes even in Florida we cover pools!
    Anybody can become a woodworker, but only a Craftsmen can hide his mistakes!

The Bible tells us to love our neighbors, and also to love our enemies; probably because they are generally the same people.

Sunday is a grandsons birthday party so I'm building him a trebuchet for his present

Snow here last night and forecast again for Saturday so that leaves out raking leaves I need to take down the awning over the deck and pick up and put away lawn furniture as well as get the snowblower out of the shed and moved to the garage.
    Faith, Hope & Charity

Friday: For now, I'm waiting for UPS/LTL to delivery my new bandsaw. It's supposed to be on the truck for delivery today. In the meantime, since LOML is off today, we're catching up on chores around home. Probably head to Outback for dinner.

Saturday: Most likely, I'll spend some shop time on small projects that have been requested - maybe a little time on the credenza. We also need to trim some shrubs, so pently to keep us busy.

Sunday: The usual with me preparing brunch, settling in for the race, then steaks on the grill for dinner.
    Bill Arnold
    Citizen of Texas residing in Georgia.
    NRA Life Member and Member of Mensa
    My Weather Underground station

Going dinosaur hunting (Ichthyosaurs in particular)

Took today off to get ready for the halloween party tomorrow. Got to go get some straw and firewood, then finish up some odds and ends. Lots of cleaning to do.

Got part of the electronics for the photo booth, so messing with that today, will post some pics later, once I have it all set up.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word ďboo.Ē Ė Robert Brault

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon Korn View Post
    Going dinosaur hunting (Ichthyosaurs in particular)
    Is that another way of saying "table"
    If you don't take pride in your work, life get's pretty boring.

Rule of thumb is if you donít know what tool to buy next, then you probably donít need it yet.