Friday 10/28 Edition

Well the last Friday of October is upon us and November is knocking on the door.
So, what's going on in your neighborhood?

Myself, shop time today, Saturday will bring more shop time I hope. Sunday will be the usual. Thinking we may do a small party Saturday evening.

Painting the kitchen walls tonight...then painting the cabinets tomorrow. This is the last time I'll paint them (2nd time)...takes to long to take all the hardware off, prep, prime, paint, paint again...:(

I also have plans to get my wifes car into the garage for the 2nd time ever in the past 7yrs...I've been purging lots of junk in the garage trying to make room. Makes the shop area seem bigger too!

Mostly yardwork this weekend, if the weather holds. Got a lot of hostas and day lilies to prune off for the winter, and the leaves from about 25 oak and maple to rake/blow. We had a hard frost/light freeze (30°F) last night, so the leaves will be falling even faster now.

Just got back from a four day trip to Lancaster, PA and Gettysburg. Had a nice time, and the weather held until yesterday. The drive back was a bit wet, but the rest of the trip was great.

While in Lancaster, we had dinner with Bill Grumbine and his wife Lisa. Great people - and the food was good, too. :D

Bill may be coming this way over the coming weekend, too. His daughter lives about 50 miles from here, and she's due to give Bill & Lisa another grandchild about now, so they'll be coming up. When they do, Bill & I hope to get together for a bit of shooting, etc. Looking forward to that!

Sunday is a grandsons birthday party so I'm building him a trebuchet for his present :thumb:

Snow here last night and forecast again for Saturday so that leaves out raking leaves :) I need to take down the awning over the deck and pick up and put away lawn furniture as well as get the snowblower out of the shed and moved to the garage.

Friday: For now, I'm waiting for UPS/LTL to delivery my new bandsaw. It's supposed to be on the truck for delivery today. In the meantime, since LOML is off today, we're catching up on chores around home. Probably head to Outback for dinner.

Saturday: Most likely, I'll spend some shop time on small projects that have been requested - maybe a little time on the credenza. We also need to trim some shrubs, so pently to keep us busy.

Sunday: The usual with me preparing brunch, settling in for the race, then steaks on the grill for dinner.

Took today off to get ready for the halloween party tomorrow. Got to go get some straw and firewood, then finish up some odds and ends. Lots of cleaning to do.

Got part of the electronics for the photo booth, so messing with that today, will post some pics later, once I have it all set up.

Saturday, I'm driving about halfway to Mexico to go pick up a tablesaw with a buddy of mine. :D I'll also be taking LOML to pick up a load of paver tiles that a friend of hers had left over (and that LOML figures we need) and delivering a few turned pieces to the GATE exhibit in Glendale. (A joint exhibition of several Glendale Woodturner's Guide members' work.)

Sunday, I'm working. :( With overtime pay. :)

Attachments

• 220px-Ichthyosaurus_BW.jpg
    220px-Ichthyosaurus_BW.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 7
I just finished putting the first coat of primer on the finish room walls, trying to hide that blood red color.
Every inch of my body aches, and those aches have aches.
Aging is great.

I have all my girls(all the cashiers) except for 2 coming over tomorrow night for a little dinner and chat along with my ex manager.
I really miss seeing them.

Friday: For now, I'm waiting for UPS/LTL to delivery my new bandsaw. It's supposed to be on the truck for delivery today. In the meantime, since LOML is off today, we're catching up on chores around home. Probably head to Outback for dinner.

Saturday: Most likely, I'll spend some shop time on small projects that have been requested - maybe a little time on the credenza. We also need to trim some shrubs, so pently to keep us busy.

Sunday: The usual with me preparing brunch, settling in for the race, then steaks on the grill for dinner.

I did not see anything about time to tune the new bandsaw. Really tune it well and you will like yourself for a very long time. Straight smooth cuts are a wonderful thing.

Enjoy,

JimB