Work gloat

Matt Ducar

This project has been a big chunk of my at-work time for the past year or so. I'm part of the bioinformatics team that designed the tests and put the computer infrastructure in place to analyze the data and report the results:

http://articles.boston.com/2011-10-...patients-tumors-testing-for-genetic-mutations

It has been a lot of work at times & wanted to toot my own horn a bit. There is a great team behind this project and I think we'll see some great results come out of it.

-Matt

What a great project to work on. Must be rewarding to work on something that will have a positive impact on peoples lives! Congratulations!:thumb:

Matt,

That is wonderful. I'm glad you are involved. From the PMs you sent me a month or two ago, the Sherlock Holmes in me deduces that you are a very logical person and you present information very well. (We will have to get you as a moderator next election.) Those are great qualities to have in an organization.

Enjoy,

JimB

Congratulations! I think this is great and so easy for the patient to do. During my recent stay at Tokyo University hospital I signed consent forms for them to use any excess blood they drew and also to use the bone they removed for research purposes. It is a no brainer costs the patient nothing and it may result in new knowledge which saves people's lives. Thank you Matt for developing this program.

Thanks for all of the support. I really do like my job at Dana Farber. By having patient care and research happening in the same complex, the work I do feels much more real and relevant.

The work is great - I just wish it left me with more time to spend in the shop.