Searching New Posts

Peter Rideout

Frequently when I log on I go straight to the New Posts to see what's new. However, if I get interupted before I get down through them all, the next time I log on, it's a new list and I've missed some.
Is there a way to go back and search all new posts for a given period, say last 3 days?
Thanks
Peter

The "Quick Links\ Today's Posts" is a great place as long as you get completely through the list "Today." If I were doing it there would be two headings under "Quick Links."

1) Threads and Posts for the previous 24 hours.

2) Threads and Posts from 24 hours ago back through 72 hours.

I did the same thing you did Peter and for the same reason. When I asked about it I was not as FWW sophisticated as I am today. If I had been, I would have asked about doing what I wrote above.

I would still like to see that happen. I do realize as a certified non-nerd I don't think it should be difficult to do. I also realize that Glenn's other half made a request of me, right after I got my first lathe. To her the request was simple, "Make me a sixteen inch salad bowl." To her, it should not be difficult to do.-----I had a different opinion.

Enjoy,

JimB

Peter, as I understand it, the New Posts listing shows everything new since you last logged in, but after you've been logged in one hour (I could be wrong on the time span), the forum software assumes you've seen what's new and it scrolls any unread threads off the list.

I've been bitten a number of times by leaving a browser tab logged into the forum all day when I'm at work. I'll get home, and the New Posts listing will only show what's new in the last hour. Like the others, then I just use the Today's Post listing.

Jim, you bring up a good suggestion. We'll poke around and see if the new version of vBulletin gives us those kinds of options.

I found a way to do it, but since we're upgrading I'll make the change as part of the version. Under Quick Links I'll create "Today's Posts", "Past 3 Days Posts", and "Past 7 Days Posts" options to choose from.