Thread: Blokkz

Blokkz

Just got an e-mail advertising this. I think one could also get away with a big aluminum or steel hinge dissasembled

http://blokkz.com/?et_mid=523658&rid=3351810
    Best regards,
    Toni

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________
    web site:http://www.toniciuraneta.com
    I also dream of a shop with north light where my hands can be busy, my soul rest and my mind wander...

I'd make some blocks with hardwood scrap before I paid $25 for a pair of them. Just sayin'..........
    Bill Arnold
    Citizen of Texas residing in Georgia.
    NRA Life Member and Member of Mensa
    My Weather Underground station

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Arnold View Post
    I'd make some blocks with hardwood scrap before I paid $25 for a pair of them. Just sayin'..........
    Definitely agree...
    Best regards,
    Toni

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________
    web site:http://www.toniciuraneta.com
    I also dream of a shop with north light where my hands can be busy, my soul rest and my mind wander...

Looks to me like a plywood or board strip with a triangle block glued to it would serve the same purpose. Basically scrap hunks of wood = $$ saved. You could get fancy and flatten a dowel. I'm too lazy for that though.

Edit: another thought on the flattened dowel, substitute a piece of hand rail.
    Last edited by Roger Newby; 11-02-2011 at 11:53 PM.

Folks have been making shop made versions of these all along. I don't use that joint enough to buy a pair of those clever versions but, I'm sure there is someone without a commercial featherboard anywhere in their shop out there somewhere although I have a herd of them
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

The nice thing about making your own is that you can glue triangular blocks to both ends of strip of wood the correct length to allow you to use it on two adjacent corners of whatever you are gluing. This is easy, and requires fewer clamps. Sandpaper glued to the inside surface helps.

Where do you fasten them on spinning wood? Guess they are just plain useless.

Enjoy,

JimB
    First of all you have to be smarter than the machine.
    VOTING MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by Jim C Bradley View Post
    Where do you fasten them on spinning wood? Guess they are just plain useless.

Enjoy,

JimB
    I didnt realize until just now that my father is truly lost to the dark side I shall remember him fondly.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke