Birdhouse Ornaments

Well I think I have finished with ornaments for the gallery. Here are the last 10 for the gallery. I will have 45 fo these down there plus bells and ornaments. The second picture of the two are for my grandson. He thought he wanted them for mom and dad. The third picture is just a close up of some of the 10.

Attachments

• Mini Birdhouses 6.jpg
    Mini Birdhouses 6.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 109
  • Mini Birdhouses 8.jpg
    Mini Birdhouses 8.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 97
  • Mini Birdhouses 10.jpg
    Mini Birdhouses 10.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 93
Just showed them to my students, one of my advanced students said, "hey that's cool, my dad loves birdhouses!". So, any hints or if there is a tutorial already posted, would appreciate knowing about it.

Thanks to all. John I would say from start to finish on the three pieces that make up the house around 45 minutes.

Jonathan I will see if I can come up with some pictures of the process I use. The body and bottom is made out of a 2 X 2 X 5 block. I use 2" for the body and then make the bottom. The roof is made out of a 3 x 3 x 3 block. I am making a few more this afternoon and will take pictures as I go if that will help.

Thanks again.

Jonathan there is a tutorial on the birdhouses I did. Some of the pic's are not focused sharply and for that I apologize but they will get the jist of it.

Thanks John. I found out today that the gallery director said 10 to maybe 18 are already spoken for. I may end up making more as she said the ones that look like they were made out of barn wood are spoken for and she suggests I make maybe a dozen to 15 more. Yeehaw. Guess I shouldn't complain as that means more toys, errrrrrrr I mean tools for the shop.:rofl:

Bernie.....can I ask where you get your miniature bird replicas to add to your houses?

Thanks in advance

Dom I get most of my birds from Michaels but the closest is 3 1/2 hrs from me and if I run out I am out of luck. So I am going to order some from here this morning because these figure out to about 24 cents a bird which is way cheaper than Michael's. I will let everyone know how I like them and if they are worth the money. http://www.sagebaskets.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=14

I also found some at this site http://www.craftsfeathersfloral.com/home/cff/smartlist_805/all_birds.html I have ordered from these folks but they are the same price or so that Michaels are. About 80 cents to $1 per bird.

Bernie....did you ever get that shipment of miniature birds delivered? I was curious if you liked them or not

Thanks

Thanks Rob. They are going fast so far. Need to make a dozen more.

Dom the birds I got are the 1", 1.5" and the blue birds. I am happy with the birds and a whole lot cheaper than Michaels. When you go to their page scroll down on the left side to Feathered, Mushroom Birds.

Thanks Bernie.....I am going to order a few

Thanks Rob. They are going fast so far. Need to make a dozen more.

Dom the birds I got are the 1", 1.5" and the blue birds. I am happy with the birds and a whole lot cheaper than Michaels. When you go to their page scroll down on the left side to Feathered, Mushroom Birds.