Birds, birds, birds.......

Frank Fusco

No, not quite like in the Hitchock movie. But, today, our yard is alive with many-many birds. We live in a semi-rural area in the woods. A lot of game comes through every day. Deer, turkeys, lately an owl and much more. We love watching nature. Today the yard has many birds. A lot of robins but also many others. There are several woodpeckers of different types. Several large colorful ones I can't identify. Lots and lots of small birds at my wife's feeders. The amount of bird activity is pretty amazing. I know we are in a period of seasonal change but this sudden abundance of feathered activity is puzzling. Very fun to watch, but puzzling still.

We're in the city here, and we love to watch the birds as well...but feeding them really seemed to multiply the rodent population due to all the spillage...A couple of years ago, I gave the neighbors our feeders and we kept the 2 bird baths. We still get to watch them in the usual numbers, but no more mice{or at least that we're aware of} :D

We do seem to see more here in late fall, than at other times of the year. :huh:{edit: birds that is...not mice,lol}

Last edited: