After almost 5 days the power came back on this afternoon.
18" of heavy wet snow on trees that hadn't shed their leaves yet makes for a nasty situation. Especially when 2 grandchildren don't have school I was going nuts.
My generator kept a few lights on as well as the refrigerator, TV and sump pumps. The gas log in the fireplace kept the house warm and I'm so thankful that I switched the stove from electric to gas Bad news is I burned almost $100.00 worth of gasoline.
This past summer I was going to wire my well pump so I could plug it into my generator but I never got around to it I think I'll get to it tomorrow