festool eq1400 router/track

allen levine

Although its been sitting in my shop, I havent really used the router in any operation until today.
Great features like racheting colet, easy turn handles to tighten router in plunge position, but most of it, using the attachment to secure it to the festool track system.
Im cutting dado's in large pieces that are very difficult for me to handle on the TS using dado blades, so it took me all of 10 minutes to set the router up with the track, and what a beautiful thing.
It makes handling the entire process very simple.

Having limited space, trying to put sheets 7 feet long on table saw would create a problem since Id have to move machines and lumber to fit.

I have one small issue. While the clamps to hold the track to work piece are sufficient(they slide into bottom of track), having arthritis and carpal tunnel syndrom, it would be 20 times easier if festool had quick squeeze handle type clamps that could be secured and released with the pump of a handle.
And if they do make them, they need to angle them a bit upwards so its easier access from below the bench.

I know there are plenty of track systems, and a 2x4 clamped to a work piece would work, but accuracy and ease of use makes this a great asset for me.

I highly recommend, and if someone from festool happens upon this thread, work on those clamps, not only make us old men's life easier, it would also speed things up.

Ofcourse, dust collection works fabulous, Im just too lazy to hook up the shop vac to it.

(I broke down both sheets today with the plunge saw on the track, its really a great system)

Attachments

• cabinet 066 (Medium).jpg
    cabinet 066 (Medium).jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 29
  • cabinet 067 (Medium).jpg
    cabinet 067 (Medium).jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 23
Last edited: