Hickery-Dickery Box

Ron Roase

Strange name for my new box? Well I have never made anything from Hickery before. But I spotted this piece in my wood supply and liked the grain. It is similare to Oak but more pronounced.Anyway the bottom or main carcass of the box is Hickery. The top of the box is Mahogany with a piece of Walnut set into it for contrast of color and shape. Also both the lift and the pull along with the feet are Bloodwood. Inside drawers is of 1/8th" oak doorskin.
Front View.JPG

Grain wrape around.JPG

Hickery dickery Box.JPG

Open drawer view.JPG

Open top view.JPG
I liked the way the grain wraps around the box to give it a more even look. The hinges are just an inexpensive 1"x1" brass hinge from Woodcraft. There next grade of hinge was more than I wanted to part with, so this was the end result. But for what it is on I am happy with the choice. A larger box maybe more for the heavier more spendy hinges.:D:thumb::rofl:

I have a complaint. You should not take pictures on something that looks that soft and comfortable, especially when I am tired.

However, your box did wake me up and save the day. Now I will have to try to make a box that nice.

I enjoyed the pics.

Enjoy,

JimB