Thread: Chevy Convertibles

Portland, Oregon

Chevy Convertibles

Top this one
    Every Chevrolet convertible since 1912

What do you suppose this collection is worth ?

This collection belongs to Dennis Albaugh in Ankeny , Iowa , just north of Des Moines .

The personal and private collection consists of 110 + Chevrolet convertibles...
    all years from 1912 to 1975 and Corvette convertibles from 1953 to 1975.

That is a Chevy convertible from every year of manufacture EXCEPT 1939...
    The reason? - Chevy didn't make a convertible in '39 -- and ended its convertible line in '75!

His 'boy toys' include his own 18 hole golf course, copied somewhat after Augusta National.
    He is what you call a REAL Chevy guy, but his passion seems to be convertibles !

This billionaire made his fortune selling farm chemicals !

Have the Bower's seen this collection??

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pic.1.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	73.0 KB 
ID:	62467

Name:	Pic.2.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	78.5 KB 
ID:	62468

Name:	Pic.3.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	50.2 KB 
ID:	62469

Name:	Pic.4.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	40.5 KB 
ID:	62470

Name:	Pic.5.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	69.5 KB 
ID:	62471

Name:	Pic.6.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	45.2 KB 
ID:	62472
    Jesus was a Woodworker

Amherst, New Hampshire
    Wow, what a collection I've always had a passion for convertibles.
    Faith, Hope & Charity

North West Indiana
    Just like with animals, the purchase price is the cheapest cost. Maintenance/feed bills are the constant. Regardless the worth of the that collection, look at how it is maintained, the building, the polish on each automobile. I cannot imagine the time and people needed to do this. Very nice collection that shows dedication for sure.
    God and family, the rest is icing on the cake.

I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place.

Premier Bovine Scatologist

I drove a '64 SS Impala convertible......lagune aqua with white interior and top.....327 300hp .....Muncy 4-speed..... Typical 18 year old........drove it like death wasn't an option. Sold it to get out from under the payments when I went into the married.......4 months after buying it, my friend hit a parked Caddy at 75mph. My friend survived and the car didn't. I'd love to have that car today.

What a collection! Only a billionaire could afford to do that collection justice!

Tellico Plains, Tennessee
    I drove a '64 Corvette Stingray hard top convertible until it got stolen... replaced it with a '65 rag top... sold it when I got married... Went from a hot '65 Corvette to a not quite so hot... '64 Ford wife's car from her first marriage... didn't keep it too long... it had a hydraulic clutch and I could feel the slip... sold it and picked up a VW, sold it for a VW camper bus, sold it for a '72 Mercedes, also bought a '67 Mercedes for a commute car...sold it for a 280Z to the ex.., sold the '72 Mercedes for a Toyota Corolla, got divorced and lost the 280z... sold the corolla and picked up a '76 Alfa Romeo Alfetta GTV... kept that for 13 years... wish I had the Corvette back.... it would have lasted longer than the marriage.
    Tellico Plains, TN
    My parents taught me to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder to find any.
    If you go looking for trouble, it will usually find you.