with the shop down for the season....

Dan Noren

Staff member
i've had to find new ways to satisfy my creative urges. in the carboy to the left, is the honey ale, in the carboy to the right, is the vanilla cinnamon mead, and an example of the minnesota nortwoods goblets. i would have had a genuine minnesota yardstick too, but didn't have any ready. the mead should be done with the primary fermentation in about 6 months, the ale should be done much sooner. at least this time around, i should be able to see when they have clarified, couldn't do that with the honey porter, that stuff ate light....

Attachments

• honey ale mead goblet.jpg
    honey ale mead goblet.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 36
Looks great Dan. I used to do quite a bit of homebrewing. Always enjoyed the bloop-ba-bloop noises from the airlocks... :thumb:

Man, I need to give that a go sometime...got a local supplier close to me too. Maybe once I have the office built and can have it out in the shop so my wife doesn't 'have' to complain about it.

i've had to find new ways to satisfy my creative urges. in the carboy to the left, is the honey ale, in the carboy to the right, is the vanilla cinnamon mead, and an example of the minnesota nortwoods goblets. i would have had a genuine minnesota yardstick too, but didn't have any ready. the mead should be done with the primary fermentation in about 6 months, the ale should be done much sooner. at least this time around, i should be able to see when they have clarified, couldn't do that with the honey porter, that stuff ate light....

Are you taking orders on the Mead ?

Good idea Dan. I used to go to a place near me where we made our beer in copper kettles and could tweek the recipe all fresh ingredients but the batches were too big for me. I ended up giving away more beer than i drank :( . Also i got a big enough gut and this homebrew stuff is great rich beer full of calories.:):) You wait and see what that mix of yours is gonna do for you. :);)

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk