Bevel Sled

John Moore

I am looking for plans for a jig that will allow me to cut bevels (45°) on my table saw leaving my blade at 90°. I have seen a couple of different jigs like this but so far I have not found any plans for making one.

If anyone has plans or instructions to make one I would be really happy to get a set. Pictures would be great as well.

I like the idea of being able to use the sled and cut several pieces the same length for putting together several boxes or whatever that are the same size.

Thanks and I look forward to seeing what you can send my way.

Jmoo learning as I go.

JOhn

I saw one in Shop Notes where the woodworker used the sled off of an old circular saw. Attached the base (which is adjustable) to a piece of hardwood that slides in the mitre gap on the TS table.

The nice thing about that is that you can set your angle, and forget it for repetitive cuts.

I will see if I can find the article for you

Thank you. That would be great. I am still trying to find one that I like and will be simple to use and of course make so that it cuts correctly. Once I find something then making bevel cuts will be easy. Cut the board to length and then cut the bevel and done. Oh, that is if I am thinking this out correctly.

Thanks again

I realize this might be a little late to be helpful, but :rolleyes:

Wood Magazine just put something out today. Is this what your looking for?

http://www.woodmagazine.com/woodworking-plans/jigs/45-degree-miter-sled/

p_100605_100504846.jpg

p_100605_100504846.jpg

john,
What you need is called a crosscut sled with a donkey.
clamps.jpg
This was one of my early ones. The Chinese plywood bowed on me and made it worthless.
I now make them out of Walnut. I make 9 ply laminations for 3/4" plywood
img_2200.jpg
The white lines are miter markers for 22 1/2*; 30*; 45*; 60* and 67 1/2* . They are on both sides os the sled. You can cut miters with them that do not need sanding, just glue and clamp.
There is a T Slot set in the first upright that has a stop block in it for repetitive cuts and self stick measuring tapes each way from the blade,
img_2227.jpg
My donkey pretty much matches the one shown earlier. Pictures are in the camera but the camera is in the shop about 11 miles from here. I have a T slot in it for hold down clamps and a set of bolts the ride in the base T slots to hold the donkey tight to the sled. You can cut bevels in the edge of 1/8" thick slabs that will cut your finger.
IMG_1970.JPG
I made one for a friend of mine after he offered me $125 for it. After buying the materials, I made less than $2 an hour on it.
I am an old man with arthritic fingers and poor motor control so i have to have machines to help me. This is one that I rely heavly on.
Regards
Joe

Attachments

• img_2198.jpg
    img_2198.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 53
  • img_2207.jpg
    img_2207.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 44
Last edited: