Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New format?

New format?

Since the change over to the new format I can only read the top half of every post title, the type is cut in half on every post.
    Once opened everything is just fine it's the titles that are cut in half. Am I the only one here that has this problem?
    Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Hans View Post
    Since the change over to the new format I can only read the top half of every post title, the type is cut in half on every post.
    Once opened everything is just fine it's the titles that are cut in half. Am I the only one here that has this problem?
    Chuck
    Charles, Not had any other complaints of that, sorry for the inconvenience. What browser/version are you using? Does the issue still occur if you change to the blue theme (use the field at the bottom of the forum page to change to VB4 Default)? Also, would you mind doing a print screen of what you are seeing for us and email it to the webmaster@familywoodworking.org address?

To do a print screen (in windows), hold Alt and press the Print Screen button, then paste it into outlook. If you don't have outlook, paste it into a new picture in Paint and save and attach it to an email.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Darren I am using the Latest version of Firefox on my I Mac. The cut off titles seem to only show up on the New Post page, all of the other pages work just as they always did. Really strange
    Thanks for checking back with me
    Charles

Charles, Does it happen in the VB4 Default Style template too? or just in the Woody template?
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Yes Darren . it is happening on the V4B Default template also I would do a print screen if I knew how, I am not using Windows, I am on a Mac
    Charles

charles i think its option shift 3 for a mac to get a print screen

you should here it go click like a shutter closing and it will show up on your desktop as a pic
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Thanks Larry, got it done, But it doesn't show up on the screen Capture like it does on my screen, I sent it to Darren
    Charles

charles take and minmize your window and then take a screen shot and see what you get..i am off this week so dont how it looks on my mac at work..
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Double check your font size settings - there's an overflow on those containers (usually) that can cause larger fonts to get clipped weirdly.
    Jason Beam
    Sacramento, CA

Charles, I got the screen shots, It looks like you're using either the Zoom feature of Firefox (under View>>Zoom, try zooming out) or an extra large font for the setup on your mac. If it's a large font setup, I'm not a mac person, so not sure how to adjust...maybe someone else can chime in on it. The fonts are getting clipped by the text below it (as Jason mentioned). Attached is Charle's screen print if anyone else can reproduce it on their Mac and let us know what to do to fix it...Thanks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1030583 [640x480].JPG 
Views:	20 
Size:	133.1 KB 
ID:	62512

Edit: had wrong pic...right one is there now.
    Last edited by Darren Wright; 11-09-2011 at 03:16 AM.
    Darren