Thread: Msg. to all involved in the "New look."

Msg. to all involved in the "New look."

To everyone who was involved in the new look: You did an excellent job.

As I was posting I was thinking:
    It is easier to post now.
    I really like being able to see the previous posts when I am adding a post.
    It is faster to post now. I don't have to go to the "Back" arrow several times to get back to the list of threads.
    It is easier to do the "close" routine.
    It is easier to do the "submit" routine.

I [B]know[B] that there are other things that I think about as I am doing them. However, my brains have leaked out and I cannot think of them right now.

Enjoy,

JimB

THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR EFFORTS TO PRODUCE THESE RESULTS!!!
    First of all you have to be smarter than the machine.
    VOTING MEMBER

My thanks to all involved, as well. The update seems to have improved pretty much every aspect to some degree. I like it a lot!

One (minor) comment: The V-Bulletin logo at the top of the default 'skin' page has replaced the FWW "hot dog" logo now on my 'favorites' bar. Is there a way (Vaughn???) to put the FWW logo back in there?
    Jim D.
    Adapt, Improvise, Overcome!

jim i am using old version of home xp and its the hotdog log in my favorite bar.. i just grabbed the link from the main header and dragged to my tool bar.. and used properties to get rid of the text so it didnt take much room..

one thing i do see is that it seems to take longer to switch from one thread to another which is probally my machine not being as fresh as most out there in speed and software..
    Last edited by larry merlau; 11-08-2011 at 09:06 PM. Reason: more info
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim DeLaney View Post
    ...One (minor) comment: The V-Bulletin logo at the top of the default 'skin' page has replaced the FWW "hot dog" logo now on my 'favorites' bar. Is there a way (Vaughn???) to put the FWW logo back in there?
    Jim, the hot dog logo is showing up on my computers. It sounds like yours hasn't refreshed the image, and my guess is your browser is displaying a cached image instead of fetching the new one. I don't know if it'll help, but you might try pressing the F5 key while you're on the forum and seeing if that has any effect. Beyond that, maybe Darren or the other Admins might have some ideas.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Hey Admins... Can we tweak the vBulletin settings so that links/URLs are underlined? ( or identified visually in some way? )
    I just posted a thread and I noticed that the link does NOT show up any different at all from the rest of the text until you hover the mouse over it.
    There's usually more than one way to do it...
    www.wordsnwood.com ........ facebook.com/wordsnwood

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn McMillan View Post
    Jim, the hot dog logo is showing up on my computers. It sounds like yours hasn't refreshed the image, and my guess is your browser is displaying a cached image instead of fetching the new one. I don't know if it'll help, but you might try pressing the F5 key while you're on the forum and seeing if that has any effect. Beyond that, maybe Darren or the other Admins might have some ideas.
    Kinda wierd - but the 'hot dog' keeps toggling with the VB logo. Seems like every other time I start MSIE, the logo on the 'favorites' bar changes.

BTW, the default 'skin' has the VB logo on it instead of the FWW logo. Could (Shouldn't?) that be be changed to the FWW logo for those of us that prefer the default style's cleaner color scheme?
    Jim D.
    Adapt, Improvise, Overcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim DeLaney View Post
    Kinda wierd - but the 'hot dog' keeps toggling with the VB logo. Seems like every other time I start MSIE, the logo on the 'favorites' bar changes.

BTW, the default 'skin' has the VB logo on it instead of the FWW logo. Could (Shouldn't?) that be be changed to the FWW logo for those of us that prefer the default style's cleaner color scheme?
    Not sure what's causing the toggling hot dog. Maybe one of the other Admins has some ideas.

Thanks for the heads-up about the logo on the default skin. I'll see what I can do to fix it as soon as I get a chance.

workingwoods.com

Jim, I got the FW logo added to the default vBulletin skin. In doing so, I also noticed that the little hot dog icon reverted to the default VB icon. I suspect we just need to track down where that icon is being called from and make a switch with the hot dog icon.

workingwoods.com