Cynthia's Shop Update

The other day Rob K. suggested I show an show update, so I snapped a few quick ones just now for you. No, I did not clean up for you. I apologize.

I'm going around the shop counter-clockwise. 1st photo shows my little table on wheels that is now devoted to the planer. I made it beefier, but it's too high and I'll have to cut it down (in one way or another). But it's the first thing I ever made, and I want to keep it at all costs. LOML got me those little hanging things on the wall. I'm not crazy about them, but I put them up for now.

shop1.jpg

Next photo shows the lumber, and yes, unfortunately it's as full as it was in the last photo. I'm finally in the swing of things and the pile should lessen here shortly. I'm not sure if you can tell, but I have lots of new lights. I think I have 8 new fluorescent fixtures that I got when I got an electrical upgrade. I now have a sub-panel, a bunch of new plugs and 220. I wish Steve S. could have done the upgrade for me, but alas he's busy in Santa Claus getting ready for the holidays.

shop2.jpg

Next are my new tool cabinets. This is an interesting story that I'll try to condense. About a year ago, LOML bought 2 used tool cabinets from CL (filled with tools). They were shipped to us from about 500 miles away. One of LOML's friends was there to witness the loading. We received the 2 cabinets but they were in sorry shape. They were destroyed in fact. Completely bashed in from all sides. Shipper tried to hide this fact, and did not want to take responsibility. LOML bought 2 new cabinets, and sued the shipper. Shipper offered to settle by giving us 2 MORE CABINETS. So now we had 4 (this is a year later). LOML wanted to sell them, but I said not a chance, I'll keep them. :D so everything had to get rearranged to make room for them. And you can see my chalkboard which I love. On the table is my Hillbilly Track for my CS. I'll show it in detail when it's all together. :p

shop3.jpg

Next are some odds and ends that aren't organized yet. The plywood is on the wall because I was in the process of putting up shelves. Then I had to take them all down to make room for the stuff that was previously where the tool cabinets are. etc. etc. etc. Yes, that is chain around the DP. It is not falling down again on my watch. :rofl: :thumb: You can also see lots of plywood standing which will go under the wood racks as soon as the wood racks are mostly empty and I can rejig them. Shop Dog has a new cot. That's where the Ambassador will be sleeping when he comes to visit.

shop4.jpg

Here's the SCMS and the TS in the corner with more hunks of maple. I have a guy coming on thursday to help me cut those pieces down so A) they'll dry during this century and B) they'll take up less space.

shop5.jpg

Last is my new little stool that I love. I goes up and down and is quite comfortable.

shop6.jpg

and that's today's scoop! I hope you enjoyed it.

Very cool Cynthia thanks for the update. For a moment i thought i was looking at a picture taken in South Africa when i saw your drillpress chained up. Lol.

Nice female touch the paint.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the shop tour Cynthia.

It looks like you have a great setup there and, in particular, you have lots of light bouncing off the white walls and ceiling (just like I do in my two woodworking sheds -but your is a lot neater than either of mine).