Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whoa, the world wobbled... Job shake up

Whoa, the world wobbled... Job shake up

I got a phone call last night from my boss, seems that Olan Mills is now part of Lifetouch Studios... so... things are now 'up in the air' even more at chez Bulken with regards to work and so forth. Evidently things are to 'continue as before' through the holly-daze rush (another month or so of frantic pre-christmas bookings) then we're going to have to 'see' what is offered and how the 'new company' will do things. I still have a job (for now at least)... but they already Have a church division... and they work theirs differently than how Olan did things. Olan Mills used a photographer and a proof consultant... Lifetouch combines both into one position.

*sigh*... film at 11
    -Ned

Sure hope all works out well for you, Ned. Good thoughts and prayers headed your way!
    Bill Arnold
    Citizen of Texas residing in Georgia.
    NRA Life Member and Member of Mensa
    My Weather Underground station

Uncertainty stinks, but who knows this could be a great opportunity
    Faith, Hope & Charity

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gibson View Post
    Uncertainty stinks, but who knows this could be a great opportunity
    Ditto. I know you've been unhappy with some of the processes at OM. Having once been on the receiving side of them I can agree. Perhaps things will change in your favor. Having control over both sides of the equation may give you the opportunity to do things as you would prefer.
    Host of the 2017 Family Woodworking Gathering - Sunken Wood

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk
    www.wrworkshop.com

It is a double edged sword... Yes I've been unhappy with some of OM's procedures. I doubt that Lifetouch will be a whole lot different, and yet I am looking at it as the glass is half full. One nice thing is that Lifetouch at least uses newer and better cameras (Nikon D200 vs Olympus OM-1 with a kludge of lens and doubler on it)... Have to see how things shake out. My gut is still saying OTLphoto is the way to go, it may well wind up as the 'only' choice I have when things shake out. Root, Hog or Die situation.
    -Ned

That is not what you had planed for sure, hope all works out or you were talking your OWN studio at one time

Well, I hope it goes well Ned, you've got the right positive attitude. From what I've read, it sounds like they are working to keep all the current employees, which is good.

A friend's company got bought out last week. The new company is making all the previous company's employees re-apply for their jobs. I think he'll be fine, it's usually a procedural thing to make sure everyone is aware of the new company's policies and such. The previous owner was good to the employees, so I also doubt he would have sold them to someone that would hack up the company.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Well, Keep your chin up! Good luck Ned, I'm sure something will work out...
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

Ned,

I hope all of the "breaks" break your way in your job situation.

Enjoy,

JimB
    First of all you have to be smarter than the machine.
    VOTING MEMBER

Hope everything works well for you, uncertainty is maddening, but keeping your head cool will help you to take the right decisions if the worst happens.
    Best regards,
    Toni

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________
    web site:http://www.toniciuraneta.com
    I also dream of a shop with north light where my hands can be busy, my soul rest and my mind wander...