Thread: Veterans Day

Veterans Day

Today is Veterans Day, take a moment to say thank you to a past veteran or someone who is currently serving in the armed forces. They deserve our thanks and appreciation for all of their sacrifices and hardships that they endure so that we all continue to enjoy the freedoms and liberties that are so dear to us.

Thank you to all past and current Veterans.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails veterans (640x188).jpg  

Kansas City, Missouri
    Well said. Thank you to all that have served and that are currently serving.

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Reno NV
    Absolutely. I have nothing but respect for those that are and that have served.

To them I can only say 'Thank you'.
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

Toronto, Ontario, CANADA
    In Canada today is Remembrance Day.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Remembrance Day.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	41.1 KB 
ID:	62556

In particular, I am remembering my father who served in the thick of things in the second world war. Thanks Dad.
    Cheers, Frank

Mountain Home, Arkansas
    Thanks, y'all. I'm off to the ceremony at our Veteran's Plaza. Pic is me in 1959.
    Edit: No pic. Will have to figger out this new format later.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

Serving in this country's military is a family tradition on both sides of our family. My father and FIL served in WWII. I served 8 years in Navy '68-'76. My wife's older brother, a US Navy pilot, flew with HAL3 in attack squadron of Hueys. He was shot down several times and survives. 2 of my sisters husbands served in the US Army and in Vietnam. Our oldest son served 9 years in the US Army and fought with the 1st Infantry in Desert Storm. Our youngest son is currently serving, a 12 year US Navy veteran and is a 4th year dental student on a Navy scholarship.

To all my brothers and sisters in arms.......those before, with and after me......Thank you for your service.
    Last edited by Ken Fitzgerald; 11-11-2011 at 04:17 PM.

Spitting distance north of Detroit Michigan
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	honorvet1.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	15.1 KB 
ID:	62566

Indianapolis area
    A very heart felt thank you to those that have served, are serving and will serve our country.

"Individual commitment to a group effort--that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work."
    Vince Lombardi

North West Indiana
    School served a meal to some of our local veterans today. Took all of my woods students down to the room they were eating in and each student gave a veteran one of the pens we turned for the military. Figured they should get the opportunity to meet a vet face to face and learn to say, "thank you for your service". Saw some old guys tear up as well as a couple of my young guys. Good experience all the way around.

Thank you, past, present and future vets for putting it on the line for the rest of us.
    God and family, the rest is icing on the cake.

I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place.

Premier Bovine Scatologist

GTA Ontario Canada
    Well i feel fortunate to still be able to call the vet in my family and tell him I appreciate all he and the rest of his buddies went through for me. Sad part was this is the first year he had to miss a rememberance service as he took ill earlier in the week. Was hard for him to stay in bed. .
    I took time out today to think of all the young boys from my generation that gave their life at the time with no choice in the matter and all for a totally futile cause in the desert of South West Africa or the bush of Angola. South Africa lost a load of guys in conflicts there all related to global power politics of the cold war.

My heartfelt thanks go out to all those that have served and are still serving today and to those families that have made the ultimate sacrifice and now live with the loss. We enjoy our freedoms because of them.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Rob Keeble; 11-11-2011 at 11:42 PM.