do you think this is cherry?

allen levine

I found 3 pieces of 5/4 piled at the bottom of the ash and oak.
I purchased this lumber 3 years ago and was told there was no cherry in the lot.
first pic, its the middle board, the bottom and top boards are cherry.
2nd pic, it looks like cherry sapwood, just not sure.
3rd pic, thats the end of the board, bottom board, top board is cherry.
I believe its cherry, just not 100% sure.(all of the boards I got back then that I think is cherry were planed nicely)
any guesses?
I wanna start milling some wood for my writing desk, figured Im a week ahead of schedule, maybe glue up the legs and top this week.

Attachments

• cabinet 075 (Medium).jpg
    cabinet 075 (Medium).jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 74
  • cabinet 077 (Medium).jpg
    cabinet 077 (Medium).jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 69
  • cabinet 078 (Medium).jpg
    cabinet 078 (Medium).jpg
    52 KB · Views: 71
the pin knots and grain structure looks like cherry to me as well.. it certainly will go with other cherry board from what i can see from here allen..the smell should help you determine its identity as well.. cherry will smell sweet if fresh cut..

for some reason I never get the scent of cherry, spanish cedar and walnut always smells delicious to me, cherry doesnt register.
Im cutting it up since like me, a few here think its cherry. thanx.

nope she doesnt do hi tech stuff and i got my wake up call shortly after posting.. i made 4 drawers to wide for the opening and the hardware:( so now i have to regroup and figure out how to make it work with them..

depending on what slides your using-side mounts, just dado out the area where the slide attaches, bottom mounts, just run the drawers over the ts blade the amount you need, make sure you divide the amount by 2 and run equal on each side.(and blade height just to dado out the height of the slide.)
If your more than 1/4 inch on each side too wide, well, make new drawers.

noone will know once you mount the slides again. Even on dovetailed draws, been there, done that.

funny, me suggesting something to you for a change.