List the three most relevant things you learnt thus far in working wood.

As Cynthia said, some of these have already been said..

1. Safety first... there's at least 1000 ways to hurt yourself in the shop... pay close attention, fingers are hard to replace.
2. If you make a mistake, Don't blame the tools... they only do what you tell them to do.... tools don't make up for talent/skill.
3. Measure twice before you cut.... then check your measurement again - before you cut.

1. Learn what sharp is, and how to get there.
2. Learn to trust your eyes, then use them.
3. It's not the price of a tool that matters, but the condition it's in, and how well it's tuned [refer back to #1.]

1) If you want to burn wood, don't use a dull tool or blade...use a fire.
2) It doesn't have to be finished today. If you insist, you'll be starting over. How long (how much extra money!!!) does that add to the project? This is my biggest problem. When I start, I want to be at the end NOW.
3) If the experts say it's best to do it "this way", then believe them. They probably tried all the other ways already, so no need to waste your time and money trying them too.
4) Don't hurry, but if you don't start, it will never get finished.
Jim.

1) Sharpness - really truly what sharp means and how to achieve it.
2) Control - restricting tools to only the path I want them to work in.
3) Perfection - Reaching for it will always yield a better result than reaching for less. You may never hit perfection, but you'll get a lot better results if you aim for it every time.

1. the most important part of the project is to visualize what it's going to look like and how you're going to get there.

2. where is the tool going to go when it slips?

3. it's heresy, but it's likely that you don't need as many tools as you think you do.