No, not in the ww shop. In the kitchen. And, no, not with a knife.
It was a very freaky accident with a glass jar.
We have used a tall jelly glass type jar for storing bacon grease for years. (no comments about heart health and bacon grease, please.)
We use the grease for flavoring in different type of cooking. I make bacon and eggs every Sunday and pour the excess grease into the jar.
This Sunday, as usual, I had poured the grease in, let it cool for a while, then while screwing the lid back on the jar suddenly shear broke about a 1/2" down from the lid and hit me in the back of my left hand leaving a deep cut. Very painful. First thing I checked was to make sure all my fingers still worked. They did, still do. The pain was quite severe, at night I took a left over pain pill from my shoulder surgery to help me sleep. It still hurt and I didn't sleep. Yesterday, I saw a doctor and he bandaged it properly and agreed I had been very-very lucky as the cut could have been much deeper and damaging. So, now I have a hurting and bandaged hand. Not good but a good reminder to be careful with everything. Today I shop for a stainless steel container of some sort so we can resume our grease collecting.
Be careful out there.