Where are we headed

This link actually has some really funny stuff in it, even if it's serious. I started out just scanning the titles, then actually read the text.

http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-ways-we-ruined-occupy-wall-street-generation/

Yes, we can blame the kids all we want, but we're the ones who raised them. We created this world, after all! ;)

Warning, cracked.com is a humor site, and there's some stuff there that's a little, um, unseemly. If you're even a tad squirmy, please don't click that link!

Thanks,

Bill

Just for the record, to be accurate i found out today there was such an uproar at this school, (yeah it was only one school, media left that part out) that the ban is only temp and will be reversed shortly. Hooray kids can now take a ball to school again.

Not to worry, in addition to the no footballs, no baseballs, no swimming, no peanut butter etc. there is very little in the way of education going on there either.

How can you expect people with so little common sense to be able to educate children. These are the same educators who support "Occupy (you fill in the blank)".

Could we please leave comments on the various "Occupy" movements out of the discussion. Not everyone agrees that supporting these movements shows a lack of common sense -- in fact, I believe the exact opposite.

I let the first comment pass without comment -- I figured it was a one-off post that I just disagreed with & no need to stir things up. Now that I see a second derogatory post on the subject, I feel compelled to speak up: Please let's keep the conversation here civil and leave commentary on the "Occupy" movements, the "Tea Party", and similar matters to another forum.

Thanks,
Matt

Folks, as Matt has said, this thread is getting very close to crossing the line. Political discussion is not welcome here, as per our forum rules. Kindly keep this in mind before you hit the reply button.

Now you know why we home school. This week I have been taking my 12 and 14 year old deer hunting and giving them schooling on proper gun handling and hunting and tracking skills. Also how to stay warm in the woods. Will be teaching butchering soon. Tomorrow I will be taking my 14 and 16 year old sons hunting out in the swamp. We have miles of state land along a local river that is great for still and stalk hunting. In the early youth hunt it worked out perfectly for my 14 year old, with us glassing the swamp grass and him bagging a 6 point.

I wouldn't be surprised if cordless drills get banned in school soon because they resemble a pistol. :D

As far as I know our local school district is the only one in the state where opening day of firearm deer season is considered a holiday.

When I want to school, in 7th grade, firearm safety was taught in our P. E. class. It was so we could get our firearm safety certificate we had to have in order to purchase a hunting license.