Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Action Shot

ABQ NM

Action Shot

Just finished a long day of picture hanging, with the latter half of it spent at a rental house in Hollywood. (Our fourth trip there in the last couple of weeks.) On our first visit to the house, I happened to show the designer some photos of my work, and on our second visit (the next day) he bought a couple of my mesquite bowls. We've been back to the house twice in the last two days, and tonight I grabbed a quick cell phone shot of one of the bowls in action...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hollywood Bowl Action Shot 600.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	51.7 KB 
ID:	62710

For privacy's sake, I won't mention names, but this house is owned by a very well-known actress who bought it a few years ago, had it remodeled, then never moved into it. She recently leased it to a big gun Hollywood agent/producer/promoter who will also remain nameless. (Although it's doubtful you would have heard of him.) Starting in the mail room of a leading Hollywood talent agency, he worked his way up to Vice President, during which time he played a role in booking The Beatles on The Ed Sullivan Show. Since then, he has managed the careers of Cher, Dolly Parton, Michael Jackson, Neil Diamond, Barbara Streisand, Mariah Carey, and Whoopi Goldberg. He's produced over 20 movies as well as Broadway plays, and has been the CEO of Mirage Entertainment and Sports. He is a close associate of Steve Wynn, Barry Diller, David Geffen, Diane Von Furstenberg, and Calvin Klein. His 70th birthday party was thrown at Donna Karan's West Village studio, attended by Patti LaBelle, Barbara Streisand, Joan Rivers, Bette Midler, Vera Wang, Renee Zellwegger, Richard Gere, Sandra Bernhard, Les Moonves, and Ron Perelman. He's a congenial guy (we addressed him by his first name), who had a LOT of artwork to hang. And now he owns a couple of my bowls.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

Amherst, New Hampshire
    That's pretty cool
    Faith, Hope & Charity

Vancouver Island, Courtenay/Comox Valley, British Columbia
    I hope you're going to remember the little people when you hit the big time......
    AKA Young Grasshopper Woodworker
    AKA The Rookie

Central NY State
    Vaughn, that is great news, in more ways than one. I hope this opens some doors.
    If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.

No, not all of SoCal is Los Angeles!
    I was hoping some of those affluent locations you were visiting might turn into some customers. Congrats.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

Reno NV
    Bowls in high places! Very cool!
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

Los Angeles, CA
    Vaughn, your work deserves such recgnition. I am happy for you.
    Chinese Proverb: Man who eats many prunes gets good run for the money.

Delton, Michigan
    and now he is gonna spread his work back to AZ areas,, who out there is a big name guy or gal? oh maybe the sherrif that makes his prisoners wear pink congrats vaughn and stay outa trouble out there in AZ
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Coastal plain of North Carolina
    That's cool Vaughn. Congratulations!

Not to be outdone I sold a box with a poor fitting lid to the guy who works third shift at the convenience store near us. He keeps his chewing gum in it next to the bed.....
    I may be getting a little older physically but mentally I'm still tarp as a shack.

GTA Ontario Canada
    Great news hope he paid the top dollar pricing
    This event was sure to happen at some stage. Wondering aloud but any chance Perry would continue marketing your wares when you leave for a comm ofcourse.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk