Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's Friday! 11/18 Edition

Kansas City, Missouri

It's Friday! 11/18 Edition

I'm hoping to finish up some electrical on one wall in the shop, close it up and start building office walls. Also have a photo booth project going and hoping to finish up the assembly on it tonight.

What's everyone have going on?

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

falcon heights, minnesota
    first day of seven days off.
    benedictione omnes bene

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    Day 35 of the 2012 medicare open enrollment season, working 7 days a week till the deadline on Dec 7th.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

No, not all of SoCal is Los Angeles!
    I must have forgot to click 'submit' . . . I am tackling the drawers of my current project this weekend.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

Spitting distance north of Detroit Michigan
    Starting another box...this one SWMBO asked for, as a gift to a lady she works with.

ABQ NM
    Today was my last day on the job as an art installer. I've got about a week and a half to get my ducks in a row and get ready to set up a household in Albuquerque. I have a lot of loose ends to wrap up in LA before I head east. I've got four cutting boards waiting to be glued up, and a pet urn that still needs a top and some type of finish on it. And if I get bored, I've got another half dozen or so pieces in various stages of finishing waiting for me. Safe to say I won't be starting any new projects in the near future.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

Amherst, New Hampshire
    Heading over to the lumber yard to get a load of cherry for the cabinet/hutch my wife has been asking for.
    The design is one of Dave Richards
    Faith, Hope & Charity

GTA Ontario Canada
    Well this morn i am at it as a mechanic again but i see the end of the runway now at least....its getting pretty coldworking in that garage. Then lunch of F&C downtown with Ed Thomas, Mack and some other Canadian woodworkers, then off to Sons football regional championship game this evening. They win this and they into the Metro Bowl finals again.
    Sunday will be more mechanics hopefully the end but my progress doing this stuff with him is slow.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Cape Cod, Ma.
    Been dealing with this miserable chest cold for the past two weeks.... Havent had any shop time whatsoever.... Nor have I been able to get out and repair my van now that the correct parts are finally here........ Going to my sisters house tonight to celebrate mom's b-day and hopefully if its as nice as they say its going to be tomorrow I can crawl under my van and get that off the list.....
    2 day work week coming up so hopefully I will feel well enough to get down into my shop and give it a desperate cleaning/organization and maybe spend a little time at the lathe or on the bench/cart project.
    He who laughs last, thinks slowest

Vancouver Island, Courtenay/Comox Valley, British Columbia
    Going this morning to buy a new blade for my CS. Then cutting plywood. I'm starting to do some Xmas shopping online....
    AKA Young Grasshopper Woodworker
    AKA The Rookie