Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Handling of Links

Vancouver Island, Courtenay/Comox Valley, British Columbia

New Handling of Links

I found something I don't like at all. In posts, you can't see links to other sites or pictures unless you move your cursor over the word....comments?
    AKA Young Grasshopper Woodworker
    AKA The Rookie

A Turn N Time
    Components for John Smith Organs and the Hobby Organ Builder

Frog Pond Guitars

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

That has been a request to update and make the links more visible. I'll be looking at that and also increasing the font size (on a new template version for font size). I'll be looking at that over the next couple of weeks, would be sooner, but got a lot on my plate right now.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

The different 'styles' all look a bit different. A short term work around would be to use the VB4 default style.

The Woody style has a slightly different color to the links, but depending upon your monitor and eyesight, may be hard to distinguish.

If you are using the dialup version of woody, it is currently the same. I'll see if I can work something out with the link colors today.
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

Thanks for bringing this up, Cynthia, I asked the same question over in another thread ("another thread" is a link, btw, which IMHO should be underlined) but it got missed, and I was JUST heading here to ask again, when I saw your thread. I should have just emailed the admins instead of posting a comment!

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Dowell View Post
    I'll see if I can work something out with the link colors today.
    Brent,

I ran into this on another vBulletin Forum, and a friendly admin (from yet another forum) posted this:

The easiest way to fix this is to edit the postbit.css template.

Find this code:

.postcontent a{
    color:#970000;
    }

.postcontent a:hover{
    color:#FF0000;
    }

and change the colours to whatever you'd like to have displayed.
    Now, this seems to just deal with colours, but they also got it tweaked so that links are now underlined in forum posts. I dunno if that is a setting there or elsewhere, but I can find out with a quick email if you get stuck.
    There's usually more than one way to do it...
    www.wordsnwood.com ........ facebook.com/wordsnwood

PS: I use "Woody3 Dialup", since I sometimes visit here on my BB Playbook, and I want the lower-bandwidth style. But I just tried the other styles and in none of them are URL's underlined. But in the VB4 Default it does come up with a fairly obvious contrasting colour. I still vote for underlines.
    There's usually more than one way to do it...
    www.wordsnwood.com ........ facebook.com/wordsnwood

I'm using the VB4 Default, and links show up in light blue text. Yeah, they're not underlined, but the colored text does differentiate them.
    Jim D.
    Adapt, Improvise, Overcome!

Thanks Art. That looks like it just might save me quite a bit of digging around. I'm going to go experiment a bit right now...

Quote Originally Posted by Art Mulder View Post
    Thanks for bringing this up, Cynthia, I asked the same question over in another thread ("another thread" is a link, btw, which IMHO should be underlined) but it got missed, and I was JUST heading here to ask again, when I saw your thread. I should have just emailed the admins instead of posting a comment!

Brent,

I ran into this on another vBulletin Forum, and a friendly admin (from yet another forum) posted this:

Now, this seems to just deal with colours, but they also got it tweaked so that links are now underlined in forum posts. I dunno if that is a setting there or elsewhere, but I can find out with a quick email if you get stuck.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.

Vancouver Island, Courtenay/Comox Valley, British Columbia
    Thanks for your hard work, Admins, and thanks for the support, everyone else. I wondered if I was the only one bothered by this.....
    AKA Young Grasshopper Woodworker
    AKA The Rookie