About 3 years ago I started to make some shaker clocks for a craft show. Well, other things got in the way and the project was shelved. Recently, my daughter-in-law asked if I could supply her with a few things to place on a table on which she was going to display some of her home made jewelry at an upcoming show. She remembered the clocks and asked if I could have them done in time. Sure!
So, after three years of being stored in the attic as a 90% complete project, this is what the finished project looks like. I made 10 of them!
She also asked for a few jewelry boxes. I told her I would start on 4. Well, a mis-cut on a leg narrowed the field to 3. Then a problem in a glue up whittled the field to 2 (that one looked so graceful as it sailed across the shop and hit the back wall ) and a final error meant only one of the four starts actually crossed the finish line. Sometimes things just don't go as planned. Anyway, here's the one.
Thanks to Vaughn for some tips on buying a photo cube. This is my first use of it and I'm having some fun! Unfortunately, I still need to work on the lighting a bit. I did not realize till I was nearly done that on of my lamps had a regular incandescent bulb, and I also realized I needed a third lamp which I had to improvise.