Getting Big Pieces of Wood into the Truck Question

Okay, some of you are going to think this is a stupid question, but I'm not kidding.

Today I got a lead on where I can get a variety of old growth wood for free. But if I see something I want, I don't want to cut it up into little pieces. So how would I get a big chunk, like say 3-4' long from the ground into the truck? I can't lift it. LOML + me can't lift it. so how do you guys do it? :dunno:

I use a nursery man's ball cart to pick up the big stuff and get it to the truck. These things will handle 500 lbs easily. Then I rest the handles of the cart on the tail gate and slide the wood up the handles (like a ramp) into the truck. For the really big ones I use a come along.

For less than $100 you could buy ATV ramps. Even the ones I found for $80 were rated for a 1000 pounds. Most logs I've seen are round :D Use a cheap come-along or even a ratchet strap. I've upgraded to a tractor myself :thumb:

Reminds me of the time I sold my Massey ferguson backhoe. I pleaded with the guy not to use the wimpy ramps that came with his trailer to load it. They did fine getting the front wheels on, but were easily crushed once the back wheels hit them....:eek: