Chuck Beland on the Cover

Vaughn McMillan

Administrator
Staff member
Over at the Woodturner's Resource website, they have a contest every year to pick photos of 12 turned pieces to be featured in the WR Calendar. The piece that gets the most votes also gets the cover honors. As in prior years, many nice pieces were submitted, but after the votes were all counted, FW member Chuck Beland took the top honors. :thumb: (I demand a recount!) :rofl:

Here's a link to see the calendar photos and to order one if you're interested. The money goes to help support the WR website:

http://www.woodturnersresource.com/calendar-2012/calendar-2012.html

The July photo is a shot of some Michigan Chocolate from Larry Merlau. ;)

Congrats to Chuck for the beautiful piece. :clap: Better step up your game, Chuck...all the guys and gals will be gunning for your spot next year. :D

Vaughn & guys thanks. I was totally floored when Ron told me I got the cover. I was not expecting it at all. I was just tickled pink to get a page.There are so many better turners that I was humbled. After showing my wife she had to order 4 calendars, one to send her brother in FL.

Fantastic Chuck. Well done and well deserved for that beautiful piece. Well, that's Chuck, Scott and Tom. I know there have been others. I know we're a modest bunch but, maybe we need to start a 'wall of fame' thread with links to these things :thumb:.

Last edited: