Lancashire Hot Pot?

Cottontails that have been feasting on my herb garden and rose bushes all summer. :thumb:

I don't think they'd be especially tough, but we'll see what the slow cooker has to say about that :D

Brent man you making me darn hungry. I love rabbit. I think i gotta get my wife to make me some. But my bunny old george in the garden aint gonna be in it i need him to keep the NN in line. :)

So how did it come out, i am drooling just looking at the pics and thinking of its taste thank goodness the internet does not have a means to transmit the nice aroma. :)

Well, Maybe Sharon will chime in here, but it was very good. The rabbit was tender as could be, not gamey at all. I won't say it tasted like chicken, because it had a subtle flavor that was different.

The potatoes and the broth they were cooked in really worked well for me... :thumb:

A hint of rose maybe? What else did it eat from the herb garden? :D
Rosemary, Thyme, Parsley, tarragon, oregano, mint, and catnip...

My wife would disown me if I made Bunny Stew. After the beating. :blackeye:
I think Sharon would have liked to have been the one doing the harvesting!

I like the look of it....minus the rabbit.....:eek:....that looks like a *lot* of rabbit in that pot....what did you catch a whole extended family? I never saw a rabbit that had that much meat on it....
6 rabbits. For 'wild' rabbits, they had a bit of fat on them. Some were bigger than others.

But seriously, we have had a plague of cottontails this year. You can't go outside without a 6-12 rabbits running away. They have left a layer of their calling cards all over the gravel drive, and the sidewalks. At least they give the dogs some exercise when i let them out in the morning.