Peppermill

Here are a couple of curly maple peppermills done this week. The wood is from Larry Merlau. I did a peppermill for him out of one of the three pieces he sent. Larry's and the one on the left has GF Woodturners finish and the one on the right is finished with lacquer. They are both 10" tall and have little coasters to sit in to keep pepper off the table. One is commissioned/spoken for by my best friend that I worked with for 30 yrs. for his wife for Christmas and the other goes on my table. I made these a little heftier as I like them to fit my hand and it was requested by the person wanting the other one. Had some soft punky wood but was able to work around it. Larry thank you for some beautiful wood. My wife says thank you and says the wood is absolutely beautiful. I did not take pictures of the one I made for Larry. I will let him post it.

Attachments

• Curly Maple Peppermills 1.jpg
    Curly Maple Peppermills 1.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 50
bernie,, i cant take credit for the wood,, it was from jim delaneys STASH,, i asked about some awhile back and he sent it to me.. for this job.. so he gets the attah boy for a fine chunk of wood:) thanks to both of you for the favors you done for me..

Thanks again. Ken I have to give the wife credit for the coaster idea. We have a salt and pepper mill on our table. She said she was tired of cleaning up the little spots of pepper and salt that falls from the mills on the table. She asked if I could make some coasters for them. Well they do work well so all my mills will get these coasters from now on.

Thanks again. Ken I have to give the wife credit for the coaster idea. We have a salt and pepper mill on our table. She said she was tired of cleaning up the little spots of pepper and salt that falls from the mills on the table. She asked if I could make some coasters for them. Well they do work well so all my mills will get these coasters from now on.

I think I've seen another of your mills with the coasters - or someone's... I like the idea and may have to try to add some to my mills... great idea and great job...