Alpine Roller Coaster

Wow that looks like a really thrilling ride!

Did some research and this is what the sled looks like......

800px-Brandauer_Schlitten.jpg

There is a brake and a seat belt, so I guess as long as you had the guts to just let it ride, with not applying the brakes, you should reach the bottom, no the sled...... :eek:

Something like this Peter

http://www.nassfeld.at/en/summer/wandern-biken-kaernten/wandern/sommerrodelbahn.htm

Vaughn that was way cool. Reminded me of a trip i took down an old salt mine in Poland and another in very close proximity to this particular place. Only good thing is in the salt mine you in darkness so your mind plays havoc on you. :rofl:

Not sure i am up to that rodelbahn nowadays. There is a brake on them btw.;)

SNAP Stu.

Okay, I get it now. That vertical rail basically controls your banking. You're naturally going to lean anyway. Looks perfectly safe:D
I'd ride it in a minute! Brakes might be smokin' hot after the first run though!

Thanks for the pic Stu. I was wondering how that worked. Sure looks like a fun ride, as long as the sled stays on!

It appears that a clean-up crew keeps the area around the monorail fairly clean.
I wonder how many quarts of barf they collect a day? I also wonder how many gallons of liquid they collect.

However, I imagine that Vaughn would just play one of his geetars as he rode the rail.

Enjoy,

JimB