may I vent !

I have a nasty headache ! I need to strip the top of a table that had a burn in the finish. I use acetone to pop the finish off. This reminded me of the other evening. My wife uses acetone to strip fingernail polish and it stinks the entire house up. For me I have a shop with a great air filtration system but my home dose not. I can not stand the smell of the stuff and get massive headaches from it. The other night I opened the windows in the bedroom when I went to bed and closed the door. It was cold but I was very toasty under the covers and the smell dissipated quickly.

So my new pet "P" is she needs to go green at home and use a friendly stripper. Any suggestions as to what I can tell her.

Dave, I can help you with this. I hate the smell too, and I still use it (nail polish remover) on rare occasions. If you ask your wife to put her used kleenex or cotton balls or whatever she uses into a ziploc bag, and seals it, the smell will quickly dissipate. What stinks forever, is throwing out that stuff in the trash or garbage without sealing it up first.

And here I thought my wife was the only one who put her used nail polish removal cotton ball in a Ziplock back before throwing them away. :p It must work, because I never smell the polish remover around the house.