Radiused Laminated Platform Bed/Dressers

mike marvel

These pieces were all done with a plywood substrate, with radiused fronts and edges, laminated in a gloss high pressure laminate (like Formica).
radiusbr1.jpg

radiusbr2.jpg

radiusbr3.jpg

radiusbr4.jpg

radiusbr5.jpg

radiusbr6.jpg

MikesMasterLogo2.gif

movingplane1.gif

that is definitly a nice job,, but its not my cup of tee for style,, that radius work is excellent mike..how did you keep it in place while it was setting up?

that is definitly a nice job,, but its not my cup of tee for style,, that radius work is excellent mike..how did you keep it in place while it was setting up?

The radius material I get in lengths of 6'-8', either in MDF, plywood, or Poplar depending on the supplier, I don't make them. The corner rounds can be splined and glued together to make half circles. The curves are attached to flat stock, so they don't get out of shape. I use contact cement for laminating with HPL (like Formica) which I use postforming laminate that bends very easily. Paper backed veneer can also be used the same way. So, there's no "keeping it in place" per se. Thanks for the interest.

MikesMasterLogo2.gif

movingplane1.gif

Mike, I have to agree with Larry that it's not my thing, but I can see the appeal to others. During brief tenure in a couple of cabinet shops, I used some commercially-made cylinders like you show for projects and they're terrific for specific applications. The project you show is great! Not anything I'd have in my home, but great as an example of what we, as woodworkers, can accomplish. Good job!

Great job Mike pretty interesting design and style? How did it come about? Had customer seen it somewhere or what?

Well executed. You know you good when you can take on a job like that and so successfully finish it. Well done, I bet customer was delighted.
Now i would have preffered the log cabin look but with natural logs :)

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk