Cleat Wall Fixture - Bessey UniKlamps

glenn bradley

Well, Cynthia had to go and ask about clamps which led me to mention Bessey UniKlamps. I favor these for medium to small work (although I would not want to pay full price for them). I went looking for a pic to show Cynthia and stumbled onto a 6-pack deal on Amazon. They showed up in 2 days and I found I needed another clamp fixture for the cleat wall. I don't like things just laying around the shop. Clutter breeds misplaced items at best, and accidents at worst. None of us need any of either of those things. This will hold 18 of them (which is 2 more than I have) in 15" of wall.

Attachments

• cleat-wall-uniklamp-fixture.jpg
    cleat-wall-uniklamp-fixture.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 136
Looks great, Glenn. :thumb: When I see all the cool things you do with your cleat system, it makes me wish I had some wall space to put some cleats in my shop. I like having all the cabinets, but I wish I also had some wall space to go with them.

I like that setup. if I ever get some time away from this darn computer, I might just reorganize my clamp rack to work that way... :thumb:

Nice.

I have a few Besseys leaning up against a wall. I need to find a wall space and get things organized like that.

That's where a few of mine were. Just a few but, they always seemed to be between me and whatever I wanted to get to. When the new half a dozen showed up I hit my limit of patience. Some scrap ply and about an hours work took care of it. It worked out pretty well so I may have to make another one after the current project gets done.

I think Glenn should find a couple of commercial sponsors, and do a show where Glenn walks into someones non pro shop and spends one day with a crew reorganizing and setting up the persons shop as neat as could be, with everything in its place, and all done for as inexpensive as possible.
I think it would supply a world of ideas for 100's of thousands of weekend warriors who are knee deep in their messy garage or basement shops.

I think Glenn should find a couple of commercial sponsors, and do a show where Glenn walks into someones non pro shop and spends one day with a crew reorganizing and setting up the persons shop as neat as could be, with everything in its place, and all done for as inexpensive as possible.

Show or no show, Glenn is welcome to do that in my shop.

Great idea, Glenn! Wall cleats are one of the best things I ever learned about. I have my clamps on an A-frame roller cart, but all my upper cabinet in my shop are on cleats as are some parts bins and anything else that needs to hang now! :thumb:

Great idea Allen!!!

I'm going to see it in person tomorrow. Myrna and I are going to Glenn's (well it is more like the MOL's) for Thanksgiving.

Glenn and I are going to play in the wood until lunch. There isn't a chance in the world that either of us will be capable of working in the shop after lunch.

Enjoy and a happy Thanksgiving to all---regardless or race, creed, color, etc.

JimB