My Turn to Vent: Friday Update

Hi Cynthia, Its been awhile since I was on the site so I was not aware of what you were dealing with. Yea my kids are the same and they think they know everything and that we are just stupid adults. All you can do is be there for her when you know that she will be needing you. That is all any of us can do with our kids. We may know better but they have to live their own lives and experience the things that will make them stronger people. I can relate to this as my youngest had to have a burst appendix out a few years ago and scared the hell out of me as we just thought it was a stomachache lucky I took him in when i did. He was better than I ever expected after the surgery. So what do I know. She will learn what it is like and you will be there to deal with it as any good parent would. It is just what we were put on this earth for ( old saying of my mom) isn't it? lol Hang in there and good luck. She will thank you later. garanteed. :thumb:

Thanks everyone. Well, I'm down in Victoria now. Drove through an unreal windstorm at the beginning of the trip and unreal rain for the 2nd half. We're talking Noah's Ark type rain. Lovely day. But here safe in my cheap motel. Just had dinner with daughter. She took me for some weird "fusion" food. Not sure what I was eating (and don't want to know.) Starting tomorrow I'll stay with her (post-op). There was a little shrieking in the car, but overall we had a lot of laughs, and I know she's glad I'm here. Gonna pick her up tomorrow at 11AM.

I managed to get to Vic early enough to swim over to Lee Valley before dinner. Don't know if I'll get any other shopping in, so I had to at least go there. Will have some proper gloats for you folks when I get home and can post pictures...:D :thumb: ;) :wave: Wish us luck!

Thanks Mohammad. I think she's being aggressive and irrational because she's afraid and does not like to appear vulnerable. So I just try to defuse it as much as possible and maneuver around her to make sure she has the best care, whether she likes it or not. In cases like this (and there have been others), I keep a low profile, but in a year or two, I usually get a "you were right, mom, and I was wrong." She'll get it--eventually. ;)

I've found that with age comes wisdom. She hasn't reached the age yet, so where is the wisdom?

Sometimes it take a little pain to gain the wisdom, it's her turn now.

I hope all goes well & she heals up much wiser.

Well, I am sorry to report that on the way to the hospital, my daughter's surgery was CANCELLED or "bumped" for the SECOND TIME. The words I would like to use here are not in accordance with the CoC, so I'll just say that I am not pleased. This is now 3 years she is waiting for surgery. I will now resort to Plan B, which is to see about getting it done through a private surgical clinic. Thanks everyone for their support. I am back home.

...My dad had a knee replacement surgery done two days ago. Hope he is discharged soon.

Give him my best, Mohammad. I'll be hoping for a speedy recovery.

Well, I am sorry to report that on the way to the hospital, my daughter's surgery was CANCELLED or "bumped" for the SECOND TIME. The words I would like to use here are not in accordance with the CoC, so I'll just say that I am not pleased. This is now 3 years she is waiting for surgery. I will now resort to Plan B, which is to see about getting it done through a private surgical clinic. Thanks everyone for their support. I am back home.

What a letdown to get all psyched up for something like this, then have it canceled at the last minute. Let us know when it gets rescheduled, and we'll still be here for support. ;)

bob this how Canadian medicine works,, from what i have been told by others,, politics enters in alot.. sorry to hear about your troubles cynthia and hope you can get it worked out.. and Mohammad glad your dad is doing fine now.. with that new knee, he can go and dance the jog with the best of them:D

Yup, this is the system here. Unfortunately, it's worse in BC than in other provinces. I had some "pull" in alberta when I lived there because I knew so many doctors and had bribed them with chocolate so many times. But out here, no luck. If something isn't life-threatening you can wait a *long* time. Remember I'm waiting so far 4 months for cataract surgery.

Soap Opera Update: Last night her surgeon left her a message on her phone apologizing profusely to her. He told her he would reschedule it right away at her convenience. So there is a glimmer of hope. She has called back and left a message, and we'll see what happens. Don't anybody hold their breath. I'm pretty skeptical, as he has a real Nurse Ratchett doing the scheduling, but we'll see. LOML has said that if she does not get in right away, then he will make it his personal mission in life to make sure she has a taste of how displeased we are. I feel like Sisyphus. Anyone know Greek Mythology? The one who spent eternity pushing a big rock up a hill....Thanks for the support. I'll keep you posted.

At least I went to LV right away!