The Third Musketeer:)

larry merlau

well i dont do spinny stuff but many of you folks do.. and i needed a job done and Bernie agreed to do it for me as he alluded to in another thread.. but my pics arent doing justice to the work Bernie did with some fabulous wood i got from Jim Delaney.. see folks it pays to go visit these people on the forum, you learn where the good stuff is and who can do great work for you when needed..so i tapped both avenues on this and as usual the family came threw for me.. and i thank all who had a part in this...this is for my SIL who lives in Detroit and is a fine cook.. i hope he knows how to work it because i tried to open it, gently and couldnt but it sure is pretty even if it doesnt work:)
tn_pepper grinder-made 1A.jpg

tn_pepper grinder-made 3A.jpg

tn_pepper grinder-made 2a.jpg

Beautiful job by all! I'm sure your SIL will appreciate it Larry, and I'm sure it will work just fine!

Thank you Larry for the kind words my friend. Thanks to all for your kind comments. I am glad you like it Larry. I was a little worried.

Larry the top should turn clockwise to grind pepper. If it doesn't turn the finish may have stuck so you might have to give it a pretty good turn. The top is on there pretty good but will pull off. It has a pretty good spring holding the plastice that holds the shaft. So Larry if the top turns it should just pull off and if you are feeling a little puny let the wife do it.:rofl:

Bit by bit you edge closer and closer to the spinny vortex.
It starts with looking and admiring others work, then you get someone to make something for you. Then one day you get a piece of wood that you know and with your x ray eyes can see inside and see the secret that is hidden. At this time you will have used up all your free coupons for others to turn for you and the bug will be eating the remaining resistance away as you think to yourself ........ heck i can do this ........the story moves closer to its end step by step.......step by step........

Nice work Bernie. Would have been nice to see the mighty bearded one try do his own work for a change in stead of getting others to ;) .....guess he did not visit long enough with you to get addicted:)

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Bit by bit you edge closer and closer to the spinny vortex.
It starts with looking and admiring others work, then you get someone to make something for you. Then one day you get a piece of wood that you know and with your x ray eyes can see inside and see the secret that is hidden. At this time you will have used up all your free coupons for others to turn for you and the bug will be eating the remaining resistance away as you think to yourself ........ heck i can do this ........the story moves closer to its end step by step.......step by step........

No, Rob.

First, you bandsaw that piece to rough shape, then you use a spokeshave or one of those European rasps you like to refine the shape. On the inside, you use a forstner bit to hog it out, and then a few carving chisels, and maybe a scorp to finish it. Ain't no spinning necessary...:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

i had thought about that jim but i had never made one so didnt want this picky SIL to complain on what i did.. this is the one that told me the sleigh bed stunk!!

i had thought about that jim but i had never made one so didnt want this picky SIL to complain on what i did.. this is the one that told me the sleigh bed stunk!!

Well if he thinks this sticks also, at least with the shape of the mill it can double as a billy club and you can thump him one on the gourd:p He will like it Larry:)