Fantastic First Aid Kit

On this night before Thanksgiving, I thought everyone would enjoy seeing LOML's Crackerjack First Aid Kit in his "auto" shop:

firstaid1.jpg

firstaid2.jpg

Needless to say, he got an earful when I saw that! In his defense, he said he hadn't finished stocking it. He says, "I was going to put some mercurochrome and some butter."

"Brilliant," I said.

Scents we are showing our first aid kits.
First pick I knew right where to go get it from. Pay no mind to the highly used safety glasses.
Second pic the kit.
Last pic what is inside.

tn_first aid 001.JPGtn_first aid 002.JPGtn_first aid 003.JPG

Hey, don't knock it! My FAK is a squirt of DA and wrap with a paper towel!!! MAN UP!!!!!

(... he says with tongue firmly implanted in cheek.....)

Somewhere in FWW, about a year ago, was a good thread on first aid kits. I will search it.

http://familywoodworking.org/forums...t-link-with-video-instructions/page3&p=248150

Took a half an hour to find the above. IT IS REALLY WORTH EVERYONE'S TIME. DO READ THE POSTS THAT FOLLOW THE VIDEO. IN FACT THEY ARE PROBABLY MORE IMPORTANT THAN THE VIDEO.

Enjoy,

JimB

No one with any knowledge of the human body would put butter on a burn---that is from the dark ages---way back when they tried to butter-up the Dragons.

Last edited:
This butter saga sounds like my mum. She must had a taste of the dark ages cause she put butter on our heads when we came in with a bruise on our foreheads. "Come ere lets put some butter on that and kiss it better"......lol :)

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

has anyone noticed the biggest flaw in first aid kits??? its tryun to open one with a injury..we all need to hold the other part to make it stop hurting or bleeding all over and then we have to open this darn latch,,, why cant they make them so all you need to do is bump them and they open on there own:)

To find my shop first aid kit all you have to do is follow the blood trail:rofl:

My folks used to smear butter on my burns all the time. Once when I was a teenager I was helping my Dad jack up a corner of the shed. The jack slipped and the corner of the shed landed on my hand and gave me a pretty good cut. The first thing he did was stick my hand in turpentine then he gave me a shot of whiskey.:eek:

To find my shop first aid kit all you have to do is follow the blood trail:rofl:

My folks used to smear butter on my burns all the time. Once when I was a teenager I was helping my Dad jack up a corner of the shed. The jack slipped and the corner of the shed landed on my hand and gave me a pretty good cut. The first thing he did was stick my hand in turpentine then he gave me a shot of whiskey.:eek:

OOOCH!! i know what happens when you use turpentine on a cats ailments:)