Thread: New Batch - Ornaments { Deer/ trees }

New Batch - Ornaments { Deer/ trees }

I cut these yesterday out of the usual 1/8" BB Plywood that I usually use , just decided that I wanted to cut something different for a change ..................MBClick image for larger version. 

Name:	2011 - DEER & TREES (1) (Small).JPG 
Views:	40 
Size:	63.0 KB 
ID:	62990
    Usually Busier than a Cat In A sand Box : Arkansas Red Wolf & Razorbacks Fan

Another nice set, Marshall.
    Chinese Proverb: Man who eats many prunes gets good run for the money.

Hey, I could do that. Of course the bark on the trees would be rougher as would the hair on the deer. You could also tell that the wind was blowing because of all of the little rifts blowing off of the edges of the clouds. The wind would also show on its effect on the snow---the sand dune look.

Anybody want lessons. I can teach you how to get all of those wonderful, realistic effects. It only takes one very short lesson for a beginner.

Enjoy,

JimB
    First of all you have to be smarter than the machine.
    VOTING MEMBER

Great looking stuff Marshall. You've really got a feel for that work. What make/model saw do you prefer?
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    Great looking stuff Marshall. You've really got a feel for that work. What make/model saw do you prefer?
    Glen I started out with a 16" Craftsman Variable speed that lasted over 8 years and I up-graded to a Dewalt model 788 Type 2 about 4 years ago . Now some say the the type 2 wasn't as good -as the type 1- but I've worked it's socks off with no problems . I still use the old Craftsman scrollsaw for detail sanding on my Ornaments - I cut sand paper 5 inches long by 1/2" wide and fold in half and install it in the old scrollsaw - with the least tension and as slow as it will run and it works great for those hard to sand places . Another reason I up-graded was the jaws of the old Craftsman were getting wore out .........MB

Very nice work, Marshall!

I also have the 788 type 2 - just wish I had the time and skill to use it more!!!
    Bill Arnold
    Citizen of Texas residing in Georgia.
    NRA Life Member and Member of Mensa
    My Weather Underground station

Marshall, those are very nice indeed. How do you finish them? Spray lacquer??
    Jon

God and family, the rest is icing on the cake. I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place!

Host of the 2015 FAMILY WOODWORKING GATHERING

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Shively View Post
    Marshall, those are very nice indeed. How do you finish them? Spray lacquer??
    Jonthan I usually use the polly on these BB Plywood Ornaments , have used in the past Lacquer - but the Polly is more durable in time ..............Mb