Thread: WV gun season is in

WV gun season is in

I sure could not shoot a deer that will walk up to me but riding around the Mt's in WV I watched a lot of hunters ride the roads just spotting. If it were not Buck only I'll bet she would be shot. This doe was so unaware of Gun season maybe she knows it's bucks only. I pulled over and held out my hand and she walked up with in 5 yards of the van.
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::
    colonialrestorationstudio.com

Deer can be unpredictable. Personally, I don't think it is the hunting season that chases them away. It is the mating time of year and search for food that changes their behaviour patterns. This one may have spent a lot of time in the suburbs being fed by humans and is aclimated to people. Good photo.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

Frank we are so far off the beaten path 40 miles back in the hills. There are camp grounds with a few hunters in them and a few houses around on the creeks. There maybe an avg of 7 people per Sq mile in this back area. I'm thinking she has learned to hang around the camp ground or one of the locals is feeding her.
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::
    colonialrestorationstudio.com