Toy Dump Trucks

Jeb Taylor

This year's christmas present for my nephews/neices and children of a couple friends. It took forever to get the first one out, I kept changing things on it. I have almost all the parts cut for the other 9 I need to make by christmas, so it shoulnd't take to long to assemble them. Combination of maple, walnut, and cherry on this one. Some of the others have the cherry/walnut parts reversed. The base of the trucks came from some thick michigan cherry and walnut cutoffs courtesy of Mr Merlau.

FWW_0003.jpgFWW_0002.jpgFWW_0001.jpgFWW_0005.jpgFWW_0004.jpg

hey jeb!!! drop the mister part just larry is fine:) i dont have a badge and so dont need the formalities:) glad your gonna get some more miles out of those scraps i gave you:)

That is too cool! I really like the hydraulic ram on the dump bed, and the treads on the tires. :clap: Did you make the tires or were they commercially available?

Thanks for the compliments :) seems like every year i get another neice, nephew, or a friend has another that needs toys!

I don't have a full set of plans, but I do have a side view in autocad, I'll see about updating it and posting when I get time. The original plan got changed a bit as I went, especially around the front. The file isn't current right now though.

Vaughn, I bought them on line. There are a lot of sources including hobby lobby, but www.craftparts.com is one of the better ones I found. They have a variety of wheel types and sizes up to about 2.5"

Very cool and cute Jeb ........I'm thinking about trying something like this for my granddaughter for 2012 ...........MB:thumb::thumb::wave::type: